Instrumental's you never got....

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
JoRun has been killing it lately remaking classic tracks that never had instrumentals released, not sure if anyone follow this dude or not, but its getting bonkers....8 in the series thus far!

LL Cool J's "Get Down"

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Yes! Been a fan since Phill posted his Rock The Bells instrumental on his blog.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    crazy, I hope he does a oodles of o's while he is doing the de la ones!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Cut Chemist kind of made an oodles instrumental on his hip hop is alive mix.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    wow, these are pretty spot on. i have tried this before with moderate success, but this guy is killing it!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    My only beef with the saturdays instrumental is the part where the light my fire cover should be. Otherwise they are dead on, even down to the vocal drops.

• was there really never a rock the bell instrumental until this? i find that hard to believe

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    My only beef with the saturdays instrumental is the part where the light my fire cover should be. Otherwise they are dead on, even down to the vocal drops.

that was weird, everything else was so well done

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I think he left out little details on purpose. Notice he didn't cut Good Times on the Rock The Bells instrumental.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I have a 12" of Tread Water with three remixes and a medley of tracks from the album on the other side, I think it's an italian label.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    was there really never a rock the bell instrumental until this? i find that hard to believe

Nope, never was. LL Cool J didn't even have one.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i usually get bored after about 20 minutes of trying to remake a classic. i just had a shot at tribe's 'lyrics to go'. didn't arrange it exactly, but you'll get the idea...40 seconds worth...

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Yes! Been a fan since Phill posted his Rock The Bells instrumental on his blog.

dito, hopefully there will be an EP of the Cool J joints one day.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    bumpity bump!

not sure if you dudes saw this or not but Jo finally had some albums pressed of some of the remixes he did..

200 limited edition: http://dwgtriplethreat.bigcartel.com/product/dwg016-jorun-bombay-remixes-vol-1-e-p

copped!

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    his "Release yo' Delf" remix with the Champ was amazing

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    so, dude is charging like 25 bucks for his 'promo use only' record?

• ^^^ yeah really don't get the "remixes" everyone is trippin about ...they use the same samples + some added over used samples ...is he saying he can arrange things better than Marley Marl etc?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    calkuta said:
    his "Release yo' Delf" remix with the Champ was amazing

It seems he's pretty upset w/Jazzy Jeff. This was posted under the Release yo' Delf youtube clip.

The reason im posting this is because this unreleased remix i produced in 2008 somehow ended up on DJ Jazzy Jeff & Mick Boogies "Summer mix 2" mixtape of July 2011 w/o my permission and I was NOT credited. (and probably won't be anytime soon) I made this shit!! NOT jazzy jeff!! so stop taking credit for "MY" work, Jeff Townes you FRAUD!! go make your own remixes & leave mine alone! Stop being an industry snake!

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i believe him and Jeff worked it out some time ago....and credit was given where it was due..

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The "Say No Go" is off. This is a cool idea though.

• dj_cityboy said:
    bumpity bump!

not sure if you dudes saw this or not but Jo finally had some albums pressed of some of the remixes he did..

200 limited edition: http://dwgtriplethreat.bigcartel.com/product/dwg016-jorun-bombay-remixes-vol-1-e-p

copped!

Same here, grabbed the bundle to get the instrumentals EP. ;)

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    i believe him and Jeff worked it out some time ago....and credit was given where it was due..

Seems like he still doesn't like him. check 23 seconds into this youtube