Non record findations of late, ye?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
we haven't had one of these threads lately and karlophone's massive post in the finds thread made me wonder what books/furniture/weird cool shit others were acquiring. i just found this book cheaply along with some other good stuff and it's right up my alley- photography of weirdos adorning their own clothes circa 1974

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    found this old sears roadster in the trash. trued the back wheel and put a new seat on it.

loud!

what??

this thing sold within 48 hours of finding it

i have no idea what to do with these

• AKallDay said:

boss cover ak! i wish that were a record that existed..

• I found a 120 GB external hard drive for $10 at a retirement village adjacent thrift store in OC

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I wanted a small component style CD player and found this at the swap shop at the local dump:

It sounded great, way better than the Discman I was using, but it skipped like crazy on some CDs. The folks at MTZ in Greenpoint were super nice and cleaned it up for me on the spot for a few bucks and now it works fine.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I found this "chest phone" called Shellamar from the early 70's. This is a stock photo, my phone has the retractable cord.
    Attached files

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    AKallDay said:

yo abs, ive seen that book before on someones bookshelf years ago and actually spent some time trying to find a copy.

pretty nice butt on the cover too!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Native Funk & Flash is a bay area thing. Awesome book. Cool Chris used a picture from it for the Trap Door cover.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    A buddy of mine found that Native Funk and Flash book and I've spent many a night thumbing through it. Awesome find!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The raddest old school record dealer in the north bay is in that book. He used to make shoes for Quicksilver & Betty Davis. So anyhow when I was introduced to him one of the first things I for whatever reason thought to say was I HAVE THAT BOOK YOU KNOW THE ONE WHERE YOU'RE CHILLING WITH YOUR DUDE RAT SOUP. I immediately felt like Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney. Awkward moments.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

luv n mizz u guyz...

xoxox fr shanghai.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Native Funk and Flash looks great.

I recently found a copy of this A Thousand & One Nights movie booklet.

The soundtrack to this movie is one of my all-time favourites, so was happy to pic this up,
    which includes pics and info of the main band - The helpful Soul.

(go to 6:33)

• very cheap, haven't surfed since i was a kid. but my mom is probably moving back to the beach so this could be fun. might have to flip one to get a bigger board to relearn on

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    crashcourse said:

very cheap, haven't surfed since i was a kid. but my mom is probably moving back to the beach so this could be fun. might have to flip one to get a bigger board to relearn on
    seeeeeeeeek

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

My parents just gave this to me today, so sweet!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    cool