Skel Appreciation

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
it's been a while since we had an appreciation thraed so i wanted to single out this poster for his amazing contributions to the forum and for being a solid dude in the real world.

a man that under-promises and over-delivers; i like the cut of his jib.

next time i'm in london, i want to take you for pints.

here's to you S***E!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Skel is the tits!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts
    Skel's place of work blocked The Strut for a long time until recently, good to have him back.

Gully-end-of-Peckham REPRESENT!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    can only go by his posts on here, but they are always top drawer. respect!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just got a minty copy of "Black Octupus" at my door care of Skel.

Good fellow indeed!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    that epic set sail to end all set sales was reason enough to send the man some cyber-hugs

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Thanks dudes
    Good karma and group hugs all round

Last time this happened was a drive-by from Harvey IIRC

Hats off to the crab man for whipping arses into shape and getting some set sales on the move
    All gone to a better place, and only one on the AWOL list, although it was posted a week after the rest

There's a lot of residual love for the strut in the real world, don't lose sight of that, peoples of the world, and keep on keeping on, breds!

@Jimster, work still kibosh this place - and now sound cloud and photo bucket too, bastards - but have joined the ovine horde and succumbed to the lure of i-phone, ergo grammatical and stylistic lapses all over the effin place.

Now imma get some shut eye, having just shared 6 pints of Peroni in the shade of St Paul's Cathedral with a beautiful 54 y.o. Japanese lady I last worked with in the late 80s, and am now feeling a bit dreamy and smitten-lite.

But first, off to the songs that make you cry thread to tell you fuckers to man the fuck up FFS

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it goes without saying
    he is a scholar and a gentleman

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Thanks for Hoagy Skel.

:raw:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The man has Wizard Balls. Nuff said.

Sun is shining, need to sort out that meet up if N**k has time in his global domination diary, L*o hasn't been sold to slave traders by his junkie housemates and P**l isn't too upset about the idea of spending another evening with drunk uncles. Would also be splendid to put some faces to other names as well.

A*i, couple of pints after work next week? Tuesday or Wednesday is good.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    YES, sounds like an excellent idea . Next Wednesday is good for me.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Yes, Skel is that dude, simple and plain. He's definitely a BIG DUDE on the 'Strut. This appreciation is so very loooooong overdue.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    In recent months, Skel's good, old-fashioned British plain speaking and sarcasm has been conspicuous by its absence in the TTSTTB.com thread (his baffling attachment to MIW-WAW less so), and his return is a welcome one. He is also rich in the quintessentially British characteristics of self-effacement and the desire not to draw an unseemly degree of attention to oneself, which rendered his recent devastating display of Thin Lizzy game all the more remarkable. All H.A.M., no cheese.

"Good show!"

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    The knives thread provided an awesome amount of

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    He started An epic thread way back, which I won't mention. Terrence Trent Darby, that's all I'll say. Those were the days, when 5 pagers erupted in minutes.

That set sale was pretty amazing.

Here here.

Appreciate all the kind sentiments folks, heartwarming shit.

//thread over//

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Not over yet man.

I was gutted when the powers-that-were forbade his Skellness from accessing the strut, hell, i even created a Jpeg in protest, i will have to dig it out sometime.

I was heartened to see that after my long hiatus, Skelator was back setting the bar just like old times.

I love our British contingent, some fine fellows who contribute a hell of a lot and understand the post quality vs. quantity balance better than most.

Pity we never got to have that beer fella.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Going all soppy bollocks over ones peers is, well it's just not cricket. Garanteed to make an Englishman feel uncomfortable. Let's just say he's adequate, and move along.

'Tis grand to have him back though.