milwaukee record stores

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Heading up to Milwaukee on thursday to hang an art show im in at Moda3. Looking at some free time on friday morning/afternoon to do some digging. Anyone got any store suggestions or some time to meet up? holler!

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Must to Lotus Land, Farwell and Music & Memories.

• Flipsville records is an OK spot to find some goodies, but, Beware of the odor comming from the stores owner.

And

Hes a bit....ok..Alot high on most of his stuff.

Heres a link to a blog that has a couple record spots in Brew-town.

http://cratedig.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_cratedig_archive.html

Enjoy Milwaukee..If you gets the chance, Hit the River Horse for a brew.

It might be Funk 45 night.

Peace for now, Peace for later.

• Hello,

I don't have time to provide detailed addresses for these spots, so you'll have to go to white pages for specifics.

Milwaukee Spots:

Lotus Land Records - Definitely stop out here. Andy and John are both good people, and Tom (who used to have ownership) still posts on the board.

Bullseye Records - Farwell Records, mentioned earlier, no longer exists. It's now Bullseye Records and in a different location. Not far from its old location, actually within walking distance.

Flipville Records - Right around the corner from Bullseye. As mentioned, it's jam packed with other collectible stuff, but worth digging through.

Musical Memories - Is a bit pricier, but everything in the shop is in great shape.

Neapolitan Records - Brand new shop. I've been there a few times, and it's worth a stop.

Flipville and Bullseye are 2 minutes apart, and about 10 minutes from Lotus Land, 5 minutes from Musical Memories. (Assuming you will be driving.) Neapolitan is on the other side of town.

There are also some Half-Price Books shops, if you have time. But they would all be about 20-30 minute drives from the above shops.

That should keep you busy for the day. If you want more info, hit me up with a PM and I can see what I can come up with. I'm a 9-5er, but would maybe be able to get away for a bit and try to get out to Lotus Land. The rest would be a bit too far from the office.

• thanks for the info. Ill be sure to check some of those out.

heres the info for the show if any milwaukee heads wanna roll through. planning on hitting the kid cutup an why b afterwards for sure...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Check your PMs, bruh!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    R.I.P. Great Lakes

• Neapolitan Records
    2367 S. Howell

• Neapolitan Records
    2367 S. Howell

along w/ LOTUSLAND

in my experience, both are

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Neapolitan Records
    2367 S. Howell

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Since it's been five years since this posted...and I'm wondering how many of these stores are still around (and still good)?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Since it's been five years since this posted...and I'm wondering how many of these stores are still around (and still good)?

Flipsville dude died a few years ago. RIP

And of course the Super Nobles have moved on. (haven't heard from Tom in a long time, but I'm out of the loop.)

The best record stores in Milwaukee are in Chicago.

• Hey ODub,
    Spots still around (From my post 5 years ago):

-------
    Bullseye Records - Farwell Records, mentioned earlier, no longer exists. It's now Bullseye Records and in a different location. Not far from its old location, actually within walking distance.
    -------
    Bullseye is still around, and still a great shop. Especially for jazz lp's, but the 45 selection is usually pretty good.

And a spot I didn't post about 5 years ago, The Exclusive Company, is maybe 5 minutes up the road from there. That place is hit and miss, but it's right in the area, so...

-------
    Musical Memories - Is a bit pricier, but everything in the shop is in great shape.
    -------
    This isn't far from the other two places, and also still around. If you are looking for soul/funk 45s make sure to ask, not everything is accessible.

If you are looking for additional info, send a PM my way. Are you heading to MKE?

I'm going to be out there in about a month for a talk at UW-Oshkosh (but I'm flying in and out of Milwaukee) and I should have at least two half-days to hit up spots. Thanks for all the info!

Bullseye was awesome. Thousands of new 7"s in. I'm just bummed I can only stay two hours before I had to leave and I can't come back tomorrow because my flight time, oh well.

Thanks for the recommendation