I missed a personal grail, it sold for nothing. Now what- holler at dude?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
So, there is a group that has absolutely no info on them, pretty much ungoogalable and has 3 known records in the Tax scam pile. I have one and there are two known others, I have been trying (although not actively I guess) to complete their catalog for about 12 years. I recently missed (DOH!) one of the other two records I need turning up for sale on Ebay at the beginning of the month while I was traveling. It sold for only 20$. THis record obviously isn't "valuable" but I mean, it's part of a bigger picture project for me. I have no idea when another one will turn up. Should I try and holler at dude and offer 5x that? the only info i have is: Member Id: x***a ( 1233Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999).

Is this a bad luck - should I just chalk this up and play the back. damn homey.

Comments

• I'd say holler at the dude. It's worth a shot, plus you got nothing to lose!

:bizzo:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I see no probs tryin to get at the winner, but at the seller, that's not cool.
    Did Guzzo sell you Lady Luck? That record blows. I admire your attempt here, seems like a near impossible task.

• I know.
    I havn't even heard the damn record - I just have a mild obsession with this group with absolutely no info about them.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    I should try and holler at dude and offer 5x that?.

aint got nuthin to lose...especially if someone offered me twice the value..sure it might be NAGL, but whatever...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    If it were me I'd do what ever it takes to get said record if it means that much to me. If you can afford 5x the amount, make that offer and pay that shit. Just wait for the feedback to post for the seller and then just go straight to the buyer. Get your words straight before messaging this dude though so he doesn't sense any desperation and really jacks his price up, if he's even gonna let the record go. Good luck homie!!

• The_Non said:
    I see no probs tryin to get at the winner, but at the seller, that's not cool.
    Did Guzzo sell you Lady Luck? That record blows. I admire your attempt here, seems like a near impossible task.

funny enough this isn't Guinness related, yes there is heaps of bullshit on that label too. that completion is gonna suck.

This is actually on an even more obscure tax scam catalogue but i'm just trying to get more from this particular group - 3 albums in 1977 around the months i was born.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If the initials of the artist are SB, I might be able to haelp, but that's Guinness. GUINNESS!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you were trying to do Tiger Lily, I would say don't even bother. [adrianne]YOU CAN'T WIN ROCK![/adrianne]

• Even worse. MUSICWORLD!

the weird thing is there is no feedback left for buyer or seller. I wonder if it was a non-pay?

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Why don't you holler at the seller and see what he/she has to say?