Songs You Didn't Know Had a Video

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I had no idea there was a video to this, never saw it. Not that it's a video masterpiece or anything

Any songs that had videos that you discovered recently?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sade - When Am I Gonna Make A Living isnt on any of the video comps and I never saw it BITD.

• Not so much that I didn't know this had a video, more that I was surprised to find that it had...

• scebasceba 122 Posts

I think I discovered there was a video for this like a year or two ago, and forgot. Then I bumped in to it again recently and had forgot it existed.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

EPIC bass playing.

• SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
    Curtis Mayfield's "If there's hell below (we're all gonna go)" has a primitive but pretty cool little video clip. It's not one of those clips put together years later, but it was done in 1970/71. Not sure if it's on YouTube ...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Oh shit. You know, when I first saw this back when it came out, though I was a little familiar with Jay Dee's name and his work, this video was the first place I actually saw him, and thus first kinda put together my formative ideas of dude's whole persona, if you know what I mean. Like, connected his flow with his appearance and his attitude--you know, all that little shit you do when you're first figuring someone out.

So, because of all that, in the years that followed I always kinda did a double-take when I'd see some saint-like picture of him with his mom or cuddling with his daughter(s?) or some illustration of him with angel wings or whatever, because somewhere in the back of my mind I knew him most vividly as the dude from the "Raise It Up" video talking about his "flow that makes hoes take dick to jaw" (still one of the ugliest ways I've ever heard that put). Not trying to be reductive of dude's life or work or anything, but yeah...first impressions can be funny.

Anyway, on topic, I was surprised to find that this had a video, and creeped-out to find that it had this video: