all the people

oosioosi 40 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
cramp your style...only on 7"?...looking to get some info on this record...hard to find or *.....that song snaps my chest

Comments

• The singer, Robert Moore, is also featured on the Saadia 45 "everything's gonna be alright" b/w "can't help myself". Also incredible, but may cost you $800 for the original. Both songs can be found on compilations however.
    Robert Moore is also on the Miami Party Freaks record.

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    isss all good man, thanks for the info...i did find some stuff on robert moore, yet nothing on cramp your style, any word on that particular record?

• As far as I know, that's the only "all the people" record on Blue Candle. Not incredibly hard to find. Should cost you anywhere from $20 to $50. BDP sampled it.

• Options
    As far as I know, that's the only "all the people" record on Blue Candle. Not incredibly hard to find. Should cost you anywhere from $20 to $50. BDP sampled it.

Nope. There's another All The People on Blue Candle (not funky). Can't remember the name at the moment...

K in Canada.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    As far as I know, that's the only "all the people" record on Blue Candle. Not incredibly hard to find. Should cost you anywhere from $20 to $50. BDP sampled it.

I got 100 Euros for it (=120 USD). Seems to be more popular than ever!

• All the People from Miami were originally known as We The People (no records) and featured Little Beaver and Pearl Dowell on vocals. They changed their name to All the People, brought in Robert Moore to sing, and released these 45s:

"A Fool In Love/ Pt. 2" (MIC 003)
    "A Fool In Love/ Wish I Had a Girl Like You" (Blue Candle 1494) 1972
    "Cramp Your Style/ Whatcha Gonna Do About It" (Blue Candle 1496) 1972
    "Cramp Your Style/ Truckin" (Blue Candle 1496) 1972

Singer Robert Moore has a pretty decent discography himself:

"Jo Ann/ Old Grandma" (Deluxe 105)
    "Harlem Shuffle/ Searching For Your Love" (Hollywood 1134)
    "Lookin??? For A Woman/ Am I Wasting My Time" (Hollywood 8320)
    "Everything???s Gonna??? Be All Right/ Can???t Help Myself" (Saadia 6091)
    "Jimmie Bo Charlie/ Tears Of The World" (Blue Candle 1499) 1973

Plus one late '70s record on S-Town that I need to confirm the details on. Anyone?

• cramp your style...only on 7"?...looking to get some info on this record...hard to find or *.....that song snaps my chest

There is a phasing issue on this record. if you listen closely you can hear it. it took me awhile to hear it, but when i got my original i definitely heard it as soon as i put it on the system. they probably left a channel unmuted or something in recording/mixing.

• oosioosi 40 Posts
    thanks all..much appreciated, now....i just got paid..whos got an extra o.g. copy?

• Options
    "Tonnnnyyyyyy"

K.