Are most rappers short?

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I was revisiting the Black Moon videos and it got me thinking. There are inordinate amount of rappers who are short. I mean how many 5ft tall people do you know?

Buckshot
Bushwick Bill
Skee Lo
Mobb Deep
Lil Wayne

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Most rappers are damn near midgets. The much shorter (wordplay!) list would be rappers who aren't short.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    I'm assuming she's the rapper....

• Phife Dawg AKA "The 5 Foot Assassin"

Too Short

Shorty of "I Am I Be" Fame (4' 11")

Jeru (saw him live once, dude is short)

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Kriss Kross

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    One of these days you might see an entourage of heads and wonder "who's the rappeur?" but at about waist height, there's a little man walking with them and you notice it's Ludacris.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I know I met Pos K back in 1990, and he seemed like a 'little person' standing next to me (I'm 6'2"). Das Efx are really short as well. I met EPMD at the Fayetteville State U. homecoming back in 1989, and they were some big, tall mofos. I met Big Daddy Kane back then too, and he was tall (but thin). Dres has some height too, as I stood next to him at Fat Daddy's Sports Bar while home from school during Christmas break back in the mid 90s.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Oops, double-post. Please delete.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• i always thought q-tip was like 5'2" because of his voice.... not the case apparently.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    tall:

jay z
    ghostface

small:

TI

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Met GURU once recall being struck by his lack height. I think he rhymes about it, cant remember though.

CeeLo Green is a short dude.

And i think Kool Keith lacks vertical as well.

mrmatthew said:

CeeLo Green is a short dude.

And he's got those little alligator arms, which is funny to me.

Jay-Z's supposedly a tall dude. KRS is a big dude, and Kenny Parker is bigger and more intimidating.

Is Rakim short? He looks like he is next to Eric B.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    King Sun is a big muthafucka and im 6'4"

T.I. is Oopma Loompa little.

Kool Keith is like 5"10"

Guru was a short dude.
    Daddy-O from STET is small
    Phife is small

Method Man is a tall mutha.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    not just rappers - singers and actors too

overcompensating

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    batmon said:

T.I. is Oopma Loompa little.

This made me chuckle. Ras Kass and Chuck D are on the short side too.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    staxwax said:

overcompensating

With good music? Their lack of heights could have encouraged them to go for books (i.e. arts) instead of sports in their free time--simple as that. A couple of Napoleon complexes going on, sure.

All the Onyx dudes are pint-sized.

• What's the Strut's definition of short?

I met Jeru last year, and I don't recall being struck by his miniature stature, but I'm only 5'11".

Guru did state that he was 5"8"on DWYCK, and I saw Chuck D and Prof Griff doing a meet and greet before a show, both little dudes.

Hey,

I remember feeling like a giant standing next to Large Professor ("...standing at 5'7" known to be large"; from "For My Peoples") when he came into Good Records NYC during a 'Strut gathering back in 2010.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

I remember feeling like a giant standing next to Large Professor ("...standing at 5'7" known to be large"; from "For My Peoples") when he came into Good Records NYC during a 'Strut gathering back in 2010.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

So "Big" is taller than "Large" in Hip-Hop slang. Good to know. More like the Medium Professor

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:
    King Sun is a big muthafucka and im 6'4"

Method Man is a tall mutha.

I hung out with King Sun in Miami a long time ago and I couldn't believe how big that dude was. I'm only 5'10 and he looked like a giant to me. Method Man too. He towarded over me. He's tall and lanky as all hell.
    Inspektah is a tall as hell too.

Also, except for Ruck & Rock, all of Boot Camp looked like little kids in person. Some little stick-up kids, lol.

Murdock said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

So "Big" is taller than "Large" in Hip-Hop slang. Good to know. More like the Medium Professor

Hey Murdock,

Maybe Large Professor meant he's large financially, because it certainly can't be based on his height. Then again, I'm 6'2" so of course I would tower over him. Also, Mad Skillz is fairly short too (around 5'8"). He rode the schoolbus I drove back in high school, before he moved up to VA.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak