Cooking Shows

2»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm not, sometimes they're in cutesy overload with the grab ass style. Kinda "over the top."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah exactly... I find it totally adorable though. God willing wifey and I will be acting bad like that ten years from now. haha.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Pepin reruns.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Rachael Ray Frickin' sucks... c'mon. I wouldn't eat anything she cooks... throwing hot dogs on top of a salad and shit..

The thing about her is that as her shows go on, particularly the 30-minute Meals shows, it's as if she's sipping a bit during the breaks and during the last 10 minutes she's plastered. Her mouth gets more crooked and she's giggling more and screaming the merits of EVOO.

I never liked her style, she is very fortunate to have the success she has because there was a show about her origins and she was nothing more than a TV reporter with a weekly segment on food. There was a show that aired last night, I guess it was done three years, but it had her going around to ballparks looking for ballpark food. It felt like a 48 minute newscast of nothing but B-roll and voice overs.

As for Guy Fieri promoting TGIFriday's when he's out there showing support for the indie diners, that does seem bad compared to Tyler Florence's special meals they serve at Applebee's. But he is a face, he promotes the network and the guy has two kids and I don't find any harm in him.

I've only seen a few shows, but I do like "Ham On The Streets".

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I remember the first time I saw this show, I thought "oh, Lord Jamar"

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Hahahaaha! Alamo is behind the camera too, lol

Speaking of them & food, Sadat was at the same BBQ I was at yesterday.

"imported beers from Mexico"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Neely's need to get a room.

How could you be mad at some married grown folks feeding strawberries to each other

I ride

"give me some sugar"

"He so gooood w/ his hands!"

if you ever roll through Memphis, their BBQ Pork Nachos are a must have dish...good good

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    bump
    controller 7 rap wins

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    After the Food Network had beef w Cablevision ive lost my desire to watch this stuff.

Netflix gave me Bizarre Foods and Anthony Bourdains shows which i ran through.

I checked the Food Network since its back on my cable package and shit is kinda wack.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    A family member's restaurant is on one of the Canadian Food network shows this week. I need to check it out.

Not a TV show. But has anyone seen this yet? I would like to see this in a theater.

• wholewheat said:
    Pepin reruns.

THIS. Rick Bayless reruns are also a must. And to further the PBS steez, I can't believe no one has mentioned Avec Eric yet - make yourself look like you did 3 stages in France in a mere 30 min.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Since the praises of America's Test Kitchen and Good Eats have already been sung, the only other thing I have to contribute is that I ride for Anne Burrell.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    these are two of the most embarrassing

what is symon thinking i understand batalli had beef with food network

but these celebrity ''cheftestants''

fatone,coolio, aaron ''methface'' carter, miss america and plastic surgeoned nobody's + cheech and coolio

with your hosts

however i love top chef
    chuck's day off is cool
    that hot 97 DJ's show is good straight forward
    but most of these shows tone shit down and oversimplify
    however canada has given birth to the worst show

takent-less all image punk rockette with relationship advice and recipes
    did i mention the worst ''ova da top'' italian accent

pcmr said:

Holy shit, is this a real thing?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Woah, forgot about them raps.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    Generally I'm not a big fan of US based food related shows, I don't know what it is, but there's just something....anyway some I do like

Tylers Ultimate
    Man Vs Food (anyone catch that epsiode with the spicy wings in Sarasota? Holy fuck, dude got hiccups form the reaction to the spice & was done after 2 wings, locked himself in the freezer with a gallon of milk to recover. I've watched the show alot & Adam Richman can hold his shit spice wise)
    Anything with Giada De Laurentis

Worst food program ever has to be Ace Of Cakes. Duff Goldman is unbearable. I could watch Guy Fieri all day long after watching 10 seconds of Goldman

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    No mention of Chopped?
    Best cooking related/reality competition show on Food TV

Grandfather said:
    No mention of Chopped?
    Best cooking related/reality competition show on Food TV

I freakin' love Chopped (if I have a complaint to make about something, I find it fun to word it as though I were a Chopped judge--typically that dickish whiner Scott Conant), but it's a cooking competition show, not an instructional or informative show.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yep_Rot said:
    wholewheat said:
    Pepin reruns.

Co-signature. I like that Pepin cooks seemingly just as an excuse to drink wine. Haven't we all been there, cooking for hours, sippin' a few drinks, maybe adding a few other herbs to the mix? I can't really think of a better way to spend an evening at home. My girl is convinced that Cooks Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen are 'guys' shows/magazines in that they are overly long and needlessly complex; I disagree -- they attest that their style is omitting things that don't work, and then they tell you why. Now, on the Food Network, it can get fancy for fancy's sake, and I have neither the time nor the room for that in my galley kitchen. So it's PBS or die for me.

Sidenote: Chopped host Ted Allen once came to my college magazine writing class to talk about an article he wrote for Esquire on mens' breast cancer. Super cool, down to earth guy and was (is?) the director of the journalism department's partner. This was all before he was on Queer Guy For the Straight Guy.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    pcmr said:

Holy shit, is this a real thing?

ABC cut a bunch of their daytime soap operas to cut costs and replaced it with this show.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    batmon said:

I've seen the show a few times and basically, what, he drives around to "greasy spoons" and stuffs his fat jowel ridden face with food?

I dont understand this cat. Who greenlighted this dude to be on TV.
    His whole personal style is str8 90's style Rock doofus. Who did they think is gonna ride for this cat?
    The idea of going to diners is actually a very good idea but the host is unbearable.

Yeah, and that band he was in, Smashmouth, sucked also

• Deegreez said:
    Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, I love some Ina. I find her to be sexy and i know that's a little weird because she's like 65 and obese but she's mad cool and I love how she gets down with her garden outside and spoils her husband.

Ina is definitely a G. She's looking at all these other cooks/cooking shows and saying, "Pssh. I been there. I owned Manhattan. Now, I'm out in the Hamptons, where I stay in the cut."