edited February 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• upskiboo said:

Is this a TANZ party? If so, I want in!

• gazgaz 232 Posts

gaz said:

yeah, this cover does shout schlager party comming at ya, its not though, more like a jazz fusion joint, pretty cool, theo schumann combo did however back a few vocalist in its time, where tracks were prolly featured on various east german schlager comps back in the 60s early 70s

from one east german label to another, heres some crossbreed schlager beat, on the primaphon label, sure some of you will enjoy this one

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    whats up with this, any good? ever seen in the field?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

inVrs said:

this looks HOT !!!!!!!!!! never seen it before, PAGING Grope, he might know it ???

can not remember which strutter got mad at me for not posting audio and only pic when i first found this couple years ago, well here is the whole thing, enjoy, it does not sound like schlager muzak at all, yet its off an all schlager lp, peep:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    upskiboo said:

Sick!!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    inVrs said:

Recently I passed on this one at a flea... maybe I should have copped it?

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    inVrs said:

Nice piece of Wax. Bought this some 20 years ago & never thought about letting it go. Dope tunes, it's getting more rare as the years pass by....

musica said:
    upskiboo said:

Sick!!

i wouldnt know how many versions of uela uela exists, the 1972 version feat on the atomic drums album, is the earliest ive come across, the edit one ive posted is from 1973

some more schlager fonkay for your benzo trunkay

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Don Kellys Internationale Hit Diskothek 2 on Tempo:

Max Greger has a some joints that fit this thread:

• minimini 879 Posts
    Roberto Delgado (Horst Wende): Hawaii five-o

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    some more schlager fonkay for your benzo trunkay

picked this up last year.
    always thougt the na na hey hey break was were it was all about
    until i heard the this.

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    can not remember which strutter got mad at me for not posting audio and only pic when i first found this couple years ago, well here is the whole thing, enjoy, it does not sound like schlager muzak at all, yet its off an all schlager lp, peep:

Love this one. Not seen it before. Hard to find?

Strings said:
    upskiboo said:

Love this one. Not seen it before. Hard to find?

its not very common going through schlager records, ive seen it more than once though, so not ultra raer either

disco_che said:
    Max Greger has a some joints that fit this thread:

this album is actually fairly consistent

staff carpenborg style organ playing on this next one, not saying that the master of psychedelic kraut schlager was actually present on this maritim release, just saying it sounds a little bit similar..

peep

A Beat-Schlager 45 on MPS:

Lilian Atterer - Weil ich sexy bin

Flipside is Orch. Maurice Pop - 77 Sunset Strip which also falls into the schlager beat category.

german jazz musician and composer paul kuhn goes undercover as mr paul's party band and bangs out some serious piano schlager suspense madness with vocal effects like moans and groans bringing vampires of dartmore to mind..

did ramsey lewis actually sneak off to germany to do a schlager record ???

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Hey Ubskiboo,

how do you manage to find the good schlager joints? I imagine that you have to wade trough
    an incredible amount of crap. Do you go to record shops and check schlager bins?

finelikewine said:
    Hey Ubskiboo,

how do you manage to find the good schlager joints? I imagine that you have to wade trough
    an incredible amount of crap. Do you go to record shops and check schlager bins?

no, we dont have schlager bins in dk record shops, stores wont touch that shit, and yeah must admit ive had one or two misses a long the way haha, these days ive stopped taking chances on schlager terds, at least the worst looking ones ha, back in the day though i was a little bit more daring when i came to risking it, the stuff im uploading are lps ive had for ages, decided its was about time to put some of them up for heads to hear, cause its such a task finding anything worth while on these sorta joints, mostly one track albums too...denmark is like germanys big toe, and we see a lot of schlager lps, not in stores but at fleamarkets and thriftshop bins, almost always minty unplayed, not sure if people actually listened to them back then, or they just got shipped here in large numbers by the german record label distribution..