Hey guys

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
How's everybody doing?

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Gary said:
    How's everybody doing?
    I mean how is everybody doing. OH wait. that's what I said.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Sup

• gary!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    YO! Now we need someone to drag Iron Monkey out if the tattoo parlor.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hey Gary! I think we need some new content for the Monkeys Smoking Pipes Facebook fan page.

DB Coopers Hair

God I miss Facebook 2008

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I've been super busy these day. All records are in boxes in the garage. There are future plans for pulling them all out again and actually being able to listen to them. 2 small kids is a hinderance, for now.

Work keeps me busy, kids keep me busy, life in general keeps me busy. That doesn't leave too much time for soulstrut anymore. I talked to Thes on the phone last night and he said SS needed some love so I dropped in to say hi.

Also, in the last year I have devoted every spare second of my time to improving my Korean. It has paid off; I have gotten a lot better at Korean, but all of the other hobbies that I used to enjoy took a real hit. Why, I haven't even touched my banjo since last year. It is a shame. Too many hobbies, too little time.

I spent the first month and a half of 2012 on the road for work. Went to Japan and Korea. Missed my family.

I miss hanging out, drinking beers, listening to records. I hope those days aren't gone forever. Bumped into another strutter the other day and had a laugh about the days before everybody had kids and careers and shit.

In a few years the kids will be older and we can all go back to doing that again, hopefully the moment will not have completely passed.

Thes told me about the waxi/strut is soulstrut dead thing. Forget about an active online community.... I just miss hanging out with the folks I met on the strut. I know you guys are all out there because I see you on facebook, staying busy, having careers and doing those real world moves. I'm happy for all of you, just as I am happy for myself. Nonetheless, I think it is time we had a massive party. Time to dust off the cobwebs and get shitfaced.

Just a thought.....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Gary said:
    I'

Thes told me about the waxi/strut is soulstrut dead thing. Forget about an active online community.... I just miss hanging out with the folks I met on the strut. I know you guys are all out there because I see you on facebook, staying busy, having careers and doing those real world moves. I'm happy for all of you, just as I am happy for myself. Nonetheless, I think it is time we had a massive party. Time to dust off the cobwebs and get shitfaced.

Just a thought.....

The York this Thursday.

It's been a long time since I vomited in your presence

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    http://www.divshare.com/download/5791025-a7a

YOU'RE WELCOME

(how do you get this s$^% to embed?)

• <object height="28" width="335"><param value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio_embed?data=YTo></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed height="28" width="335" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio_embed?data=YTo></embed></object>;

• oh shit i think i broke the new strut

• aAAAAAJHHHHH

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Gary, I'm in.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    dizzzybol!

Gary said:
    2 small kids is a hinderance, for now..

really inappropriate, but this immediately conjured an image of the ballroom butler in the Shining giving his pep talk.

knowwhat you mean about too many hobbies. i'm resurrecting my basketball street cred, just getting comfortable with the guitar, among other things. but i'm scouring flea markets for a tuba, bugging my pops to teach me how to weld and really want to learn french.

The Fucks?
    The Fucks?

• Hi Gary

• Gary said:
    I've been super busy these day. All records are in boxes in the garage. There are future plans for pulling them all out again and actually being able to listen to them. 2 small kids is a hinderance, for now.

Work keeps me busy, kids keep me busy, life in general keeps me busy. That doesn't leave too much time for soulstrut anymore. I talked to Thes on the phone last night and he said SS needed some love so I dropped in to say hi.

Also, in the last year I have devoted every spare second of my time to improving my Korean. It has paid off; I have gotten a lot better at Korean, but all of the other hobbies that I used to enjoy took a real hit. Why, I haven't even touched my banjo since last year. It is a shame. Too many hobbies, too little time.

I spent the first month and a half of 2012 on the road for work. Went to Japan and Korea. Missed my family.

I miss hanging out, drinking beers, listening to records. I hope those days aren't gone forever. Bumped into another strutter the other day and had a laugh about the days before everybody had kids and careers and shit.

In a few years the kids will be older and we can all go back to doing that again, hopefully the moment will not have completely passed.

Just a thought.....

HAI GARY!

I like to imagine you in a Korean remake of Deliverance. That shit makes me smile so hard that I probably look kind of rapey like Christopher Pynes secret twink.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    What is with the thread defragging or wtf it's doing?
    Gary shows up for the for the first time in a min
    and the thread detonates.

Congrats on number two Gary.

and it's true even hardworking dad's need to get shitfaced now
    and then