NJ/NY/PA Strutters: Spin Party, Saturday March 10th @ 8PM

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
Hey 'Strutters,

Wifey and I are hosting a 'Strut Spin party on Saturday, March 10th from 8:00PM-2:00AM. I have asked several 'Strutters to spin 45 minute-1 hour sets (of course, I'm providing the decks). So far, the line-up of spinners include myself (lead-off set, leaving me time to play 'host'), TripleDouble, Garcia Vega, Otis Funkmeyer, and Raj. I'd like to have 1 more of you spin a set if you'd be willing (send me a PM if you're down and can bring the heatrocks). I'll post up a final list of DJs when the line-up is complete.

Feel free to bring your favorite beverage (we'll provide the grub), date/spouse/partner, and an appetite for good music. Hit me on the PMs to RSVP by no later than February 25th, 2012, so that we can place food orders. In response to your PM, I'll send you address information. I hope you can come out to Dirty Jerz to break bread, fellowship with our 'Strutter brothers and sisters, and have a good time.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Funkmeyer and I are down. Will be nice to finally meet you and reconvene with fellow Strutteurs.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj and Otis Funkmeyer,

That's great to hear, bros. I can't wait to meet you both and hear you two throw down on the decks.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    what bout' those who travel and need to squat? sleepover available?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Burns,

That's a great question. Squatting quarters aren't available, but there are a number of hotels not far from the spot.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I don't usually party on Purim, but in this case, I'd be down to come say wuddup and maybe play a couple tunes if someone's driving down from NY.

Hey NJ/NY/PA Strutters (and others),

I've finally nailed down the spinner line-up. Those blessing the decks during the throwdown will include:

-Me
    -TripleDouble
    -Garcia Vega
    -Otis Funkmeyer
    -Raj
    -Funky16Corners

Again, hit me on the PMs to let me know if you plan on attending. I look forward to meeting/hanging out with you.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• [strike]hey man sounds like an an awesome time - but where this gonna be at? ie. Address? do we need to RSVP and get PM'ed that? apologies if this was explicitly stated in the OP :/ [/strike]

nm.
    when's the deadline for RSVP'ing?

[strike]hey man sounds like an an awesome time - but where this gonna be at? ie. Address? do we need to RSVP and get PM'ed that? apologies if this was explicitly stated in the OP :/ [/strike]

nm.
    when's the deadline for RSVP'ing?

Hey Smoking Robot,

I just consulted with wife-diddy, and she said she'll need an RSVP (to place food orders) by no later than February 25th, 2012. I hope to see your face in the place,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is there public transportation near you or do i need a helicopter?

• We need to hook-up a NY carpool, if not its the Path from Penn to Rutgers, and then a cab to Stack's place.

Garcia_Vega said:
    We need to hook-up a NY carpool, if not its the Path from Penn to Rutgers, and then a cab to Stack's place.

Yep,

It's exactly what Garcia Vega said. By the way, for those who intend to come, please hit me on the PMs so that I can provide you address information. Also, wifey needs a tally to place the food order. I look forward to hanging out with you guys and enjoying some good music!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    We need to hook-up a NY carpool, if not its the Path from Penn to Rutgers, and then a cab to Stack's place.

Yep,

It's exactly what Garcia Vega said. By the way, for those who intend to come, please hit me on the PMs so that I can provide you address information. Also, wifey needs a tally to place the food order. I look forward to hanging out with you guys and enjoying some good music!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks???Are wives allowed? ;)

RAJ said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Yep,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks???Are wives allowed? ;)

Of course, spouses/girlfriends/partners are welcomed.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• can i bring my cats?

tripledouble said:
    can i bring my cats?

Hey Tripledouble,

I have a dog, so that might not be such a good idea. :cheese:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey NJ/NY/PA 'Strutters,

On Saturday, February 25th, wifey and I would like to have a final tally of those who plan to attend our spin party on March 10th, 2012 from 8PM-2AM. So far, I know that the select spinners asked to spin heat (and their guests) are coming, and one or two other individuals. If you plan to attend, please send me a private message so I can add you to our tally, make food orders accordingly, and send you address information. Also, we can probably extend our deadline for the final tally a few days if necessary. I'm reallly look forward to meeting and hanging out with you.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey NJ/NY/PA 'Strutters,

Just a reminder that the spin party is jumping off on Saturday, March 10th from 8PM-2AM. Please send me a private message no later than Friday night (March 2nd, 2012) to let me know if you're attending. Wifey needs a tally of who's attending so she can place the food order on Saturday, March 3rd. In response to your message, I will provide address information for the event. I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging out with my 'Strut brothers and sisters. Viva la musica!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wish i could make it down
    have a good strut powow
    with the east andwest coast realheadz getting together we will be back like cookedcrack

So who's coming?

Will it just be me and Stacks (Ebony and Ivory)?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I work on the weekends.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm out of town, or I would've been there fo sho.

RAJ said:
    So who's coming?

Will it just be me and Stacks (Ebony and Ivory)?

Hey Raj,

The attendees include the six spinners (myself, you, Otis Funkmeyer, Garcia Vega, F16, and Tripledouble and guests) along with a number of other heads who have confirmed. I've been sending emails to get a rough count of who is coming to make our food orders. Again, to those who plan on attending, hit me on the PMs to verify and so I can send you address information.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Nice !

• Hey all - just reconfirming me + the lady will be there on saturday man! been super busy mixing a couple projects kept me from having a life and will continue to do so until they get done, hah, but still plan on coming through saturday and taking a quick break since i rightfully should be finished before then.

smoking_robot said:
    Hey all - just reconfirming me + the lady will be there on saturday man! been super busy mixing a couple projects kept me from having a life and will continue to do so until they get done, hah, but still plan on coming through saturday and taking a quick break since i rightfully should be finished before then.

Hey Smoking_Robot,

It's great to hear that you and your lady are coming to the party. We look forward to hanging out with you two.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey NJ/NY/PA Strutters,

If you haven't RSVPed, don't sweat it. I encourage you to send me a private message for address information and roll through anyway. We'd love to see your face in the place on Saturday, March 10th from 8PM-2AM. In the case of an unaccounted for mob of guests, we can just order some pizzas. See you Saturday night!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    strut wants video of this or didn't happen; :post_modern:
    complete setlist by all dj's for critique.

Burns said:
    strut wants video of this or didn't happen; :post_modern:
    complete setlist by all dj's for critique.

Hey Burns,

Why don't you just fly up and join us, mane? It would be great to have you at the partay!!! Speaking of setlists, I finally got around to putting my set together on Sunday. I need to add a few more tunes, but I think it's about ready to go.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Any female companions RSVP? My wife is worried this is going to be a record nerd fest.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    it definitely will, but so what?
    that being said, i got a girl nearby in princeton who i considered bringing along, but decided against it
    raj, your wife married a record nerd...she should be fine