Los Angeles Strutter meet up night (strut comunity rebuilding)

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Whorehouse with records sounds perfect! Bar sounds good. What area?

• I'm down for whatever but if drinking is the only issue you can drink as much as you want at the shop (as long as you don't break shit or act like an ass). It's fairly commonplace there.

• Might be difficult concentrating with all those records around :@@:

I am down for Thursday
    I am down for Torrance and/or York
    I am down for One Record Swap

Another idea also: Beat Swap Meet is next Sunday. Meet up for drinks/Record Swap around there?

• No offense to Scott but past LA strutter meet ups have had nothing to do with records, record stores or digging. I think it should stay that way. Who could forget I LIKE SEX at Ding Dong Dang. I'm open to being outvoted on that though. I suppose it's a new era. Whatever it is we need to continue our tradition of awesome as the LA chapter.

• I'm pretty much just being lazy not wanting to drive all the way out to Eagle Rock or wherever that is for a beer and a burger but I'm up for whatever. There are a few Strutters I see on a regular basis. I'll make the effort to meet some new ones.
    More info on the record swap, please.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Might be difficult concentrating with all those records around :@@:

I am down for Thursday
    I am down for Torrance and/or York
    I am down for One Record Swap

Another idea also: Beat Swap Meet is next Sunday. Meet up for drinks/Record Swap around there?

I'm down for thursday too, hopefully folks meet late (I get off work around 8pm in weho).

I like Eagle rock cause I got no idea how what, where, why a Torrance is. Its one of those spots I hear traffic reports about.

• Guzzo said:
    I got no idea how what, where, why a Torrance is.

:oh_snap:

• HATER

Torrence is a little out of the way for people in L.A. (no hate) ... Lots of Bars here

• I know. Only few will ever bear witness to the power of the phildo and a one man band cover of between te sheets.

The York next Thursday at 8pm?

• 4YearGraduate said:
    I know. Only few will ever bear witness to the power of the phildo and a one man band cover of between te sheets.

I'm IN

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    The York has a grilled tofu sandwich and I'm only a coupla miles away so I'm in. May not stay for long cos there's a soul/ska party (and record swap!) at Grandstar that night at 9pm. It'll be cool to meet some of the new Strutteurs since I don't post as much as I used to.

As for future locations, I'm down with SmallAxeRick's suggestion of RECORDS LA as well - great place to hang and drink all day. I also have a monthly Wednesday bar gig MESCALINA at The Bronson Bar in H'wood that not only would be Strutteur- and chat-friendly, but could function as a record swap from 9pm to 10 or 11. Next one is March 14th if anyone's down.

soulmarcosa said:
    The York has a grilled tofu sandwich and I'm only a coupla miles away so I'm in. May not stay for long cos there's a soul/ska party (and record swap!) at Grandstar that night at 9pm. It'll be cool to meet some of the new Strutteurs since I don't post as much as I used to.

As for future locations, I'm down with SmallAxeRick's suggestion of RECORDS LA as well - great place to hang and drink all day. I also have a monthly Wednesday bar gig MESCALINA at The Bronson Bar in H'wood that not only would be Strutteur- and chat-friendly, but could function as a record swap from 9pm to 10 or 11. Next one is March 14th if anyone's down.

That sounds good. All of it. I'm in.

• Q: Are there any guidelines for the One Record Swap?

• Im thinking something like bring a record you are willing to part with that is not worth (popsike wise) more than 40 or 50$ but rather is a record that you give to friends when they come over, or something obscure that you really like, something dope. For instance Stein was telling me he always buys the first Robert Palmer LP (which has The Meters as backing band) when he sees it and then gives it to unsuspecting guests when they come over. I like to give guests copies of the Gus Poole LP. Stuff like that. A goodwill gesture that we can swap around in a non-competitive, very drunk fashion. Bring a record, leave with a different record. I would say focus should be on great records start to finish that are under the radar, ala the robert palmer. 45 would work too. Whatever. I don't know, this shit isnt realyl about records but of course its a good starting point. Hopefully we will have common interests that extend beyond teh digging.

• 4YearGraduate said:
    Hopefully we will have common interests that extend beyond teh digging.

Man. I sure hope so!

:roll: :beer: :beer: :freeway:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    I can get with that. The York is good with me, too.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Only few will ever bear witness to the power of the phildo and a one man band cover of between te sheets.

--- chillin' with Snake Plisskin

Would be cool if we could do an IE or PS meet up sometime. I'm doing all yacht rock jamz next Thursday at the Ace too.

• maaaaannnnnnn, I'd love to roll up from SD but gas prices got me :zooted:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    I know. Only few will ever bear witness to the power of the phildo and a one man band cover of between te sheets.

I'm down; I'll be coming from work at that point in the evening. York does good fries btw.