If you're in West Texas, stop by Record Guys.

JATXJATX 258 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Hey Strut, If anybody is rolling through West Texas stop by Record Guys in Abilene Texas. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I've been scoring crazy joints for $2 for a couple of years and I feel like I need to spread love. A Dad and his two sons own the place and they're super nice people who sell records to sell records. If any traveling diggers are rolling through, check them out on Facebook -The Record Guys. Again, I am in no way affiliated with them, just trying to turn people on to a new spot.

Peace, Jason

Comments

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I'll second this. I'm in Dallas and have been by there twice when in the area...Both times getting good stuff and more than fair prices including an unknown funk 45 put out by the Texas Department of Public Safety promoting using your seatbelt in the 70's.

Found some good stuff at the antique and thrifts in the area too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    JATX said:
    Hey Strut, If anybody is rolling through West Texas stop by Record Guys in Abilene Texas. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I've been scoring crazy joints for $2 for a couple of years and I feel like I need to spread love. A Dad and his two sons own the place and they're super nice people who sell records to sell records. If any traveling diggers are rolling through, check them out on Facebook -The Record Guys. Again, I am in no way affiliated with them, just trying to turn people on to a new spot.

Peace, Jason

Went to their warheouse and met the dad, never met the sons......are these the same guys that are at the Flea Market in Sweetwater and Fredricksburg??

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Went to their warheouse and met the dad, never met the sons......are these the same guys that are at the Flea Market in Sweetwater and Fredricksburg??
    Rock---That's them. I got stood up by the Dad a few years back at a chance to look through their warehouse(This was before the store opened.)The first day their store opened I dropped in and hit the soul section. Five seconds into the dig and I had Ernie Hines and Billy Cee on Strata East in my paws. The scores keep coming.

Rerog---Nice finds man. The thrifts around here have been very kind to me over the years.

Edit: Just got back from Record Guys and found decent stuff. Lou Rawls Christmas lp and AEIOU kiddie joint with breaks, among sampler fodder.

Next time you guys are in town drop me a pm. Theres plenty of fleas popping up that aren't listed.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    awesome. I will be driving through texas in April.

anymore texas tips? New Mexico tips would also help.