Los Angeles Strutter meet up night (strut comunity rebuilding)

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I'm down to undertake organizing this since in an effort to build new community round here.

WHOS DOWN?

I'm thinking we can hold the first one at The York in Mount Wash - lots of cool engineers and musicians hang there and it's chill to get drinks and tell record stories.

Oliver, Stein, Cromang etc. I"M LOOKING AT YALL

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Where the hell did Gary go?

• Good question, I've been meaning to call him. People went straight ghost on here. Where's Shig, Aspirin and the rest?

• I'm DOWN! 100% like Sonic Youth in NinetyToe.
    Honored to be included!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    I'm down to undertake organizing this since in an effort to build new community round here.

WHOS DOWN?

I'm thinking we can hold the first one at The York in Mount Wash - lots of cool engineers and musicians hang there and it's chill to get drinks and tell record stories.

Oliver, Stein, Cromang etc. I"M LOOKING AT YALL
    Damn, I guess I'm lunchmeat

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Double

Filthy doubled lunch meat

• Shit homey I forgot you came back! B/w of course your in! Plus theres a bunch more la dudes - speak up!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    When's Day's bday again? I say we all meet up in Palm Springs and surprise him.

• I'm game.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Hell, I'm down. I'll bring some nerds (no-candy) w/me.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    No love for the San Diego contingent?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    What, no Franciscan karaoke moves?

• Shit, how big should we do this?

If we include San Diego than I suggest a midway point - well maybe not so midway but one of my favorite places in the whole world is the garden at Stone brewery in escondido. Would be a treck for us LA strutters.

I picked the York because i know alot of strutters are out in LA, valley, it seemed like a good medium.

I am already planning part deux : Steak Dinner and One record swap at teh Cable Car room of The San Franciscan

unless of course we do that first. It would have to be on a thursday for that

LEMMEKNOW!

• I'm down.
    Here's a crazy idea. Why don't we do it at a record store?
    Scott is always down to host a bbq at Records L.A.

• Maybe, but i think we need a place where we can sit and drink and pop shit. Could work though

• Part 1: Meet up at the York when they open at 10:30 - Irish Coffee and Guinesses

Part 2: Caravan to Stone Brewery - Buffalo Burgers and Stone Smoked Porter - then fill up some growlers for the road

Part 3: Steak and Beers at the Fransiscan followed by Record Swap and Strutteur Summit

Naw??? but seriously. I'm down for whatever. The "One Record Swap" sounds like a particularly awesome idea

• hoyl shit dude

SmallAxeRick said:
    I'm down.
    Here's a crazy idea. Why don't we do it at a record store?
    Scott is always down to host a bbq at Records L.A.

2nd that. I'll probably be there anyway.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    I'm sure Stone would work just fine for the San Diego headz (Undertheradar, Mango Man [Lakan], and myself...obviously, if I'm missing anyone, post up on here).

I'll wait to see if any of the homies post up here.

I need a vacation

• Are there days or dates thatch or dot work better for folls?

Thursday

• Thursday works or doesn't work?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Thursday works

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Sure, why not.

Someone stop by the tattoo parlor and awaken Iron Monkey

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    I'm sure Stone would work just fine for the San Diego headz (Undertheradar, Mango Man [Lakan], and myself...obviously, if I'm missing anyone, post up on here).

I'll wait to see if any of the homies post up here.

What am I chopped liver man?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Someone stop by the tattoo parlor and awaken Iron Monkey

good idea, btw have you seen dudes work lately? I've had him do 2 pieces on me and he'll be doing a 3rd in the near future.

• no shit? How you been a**m?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    no shit? How you been a**m?

I've been good. Been a hot minute or so since I've seen you. Lots of life happening in the meantime. You ever do anything with those Rim & Masterfleet acetates?

• nah, still have them filed in the great acetate crate. Life for real. I took a little diggin haitus but i'm getting back into it this year. In fact, I might start hitting my old haunts. Crack supply warehouses, whorehouses with vinyl, whittier heroin dens, et al.

still scooping the modern?

b/w I'm thinking next Thursday night. Would love to do the Steak Dinner One Record Swap but I worry people might not make the treck to Torrance (twould be worth it though!) If not the York would work. I dont want to do it at a record store. WE NEED BAR!