If the Talking Heads only made one album from their catalog...

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
which one would you want it to be?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Couldn't narrow it down to one. Although Talking Heads are one of my favourite bands of all time, and Tina Weymouth a personal musical hero, I don't really fuck with them after Speaking In Tongues. The fact that this period is when they had most of their big hits is just a coincidence rather than some "I preferred their earlier stuff" rock snob bullshit (although I do genuinely prefer their earlier stuff).

Either Fear Of Music or Remain In Light - both massively influential records for me on so many levels.

• DocMcCoy said:
    Couldn't narrow it down to one. Although Talking Heads are one of my favourite bands of all time, and Tina Weymouth a personal musical hero, I don't really fuck with them after Speaking In Tongues. The fact that this period is when they had most of their big hits is just a coincidence rather than some "I preferred their earlier stuff" rock snob bullshit (although I do genuinely prefer their earlier stuff).

Either Fear Of Music or Remain In Light - both massively influential records for me on so many levels.

I really can't decide between those two.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Remain in light

• I haven't listened to talking heads in about 20 years - though they were the first band i ever got into as a kid.

I remember loving this one in 1988

Pretty slept on i reckon - it was after their 'hits' period and i think they broke up afterwards

• That said i can remember being 15 or 16 and thinking i liked Fear Of Music the most - it seemed the most weird and dark of their albums

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Snapping said:

+1

• Spacecho said:
    That said i can remember being 15 or 16 and thinking i liked Fear Of Music the most - it seemed the most weird and dark of their albums

Hard to say it is the weirdest but it is pretty damn weird.

"Animals" is so weird. Maybe their weirdest song. Wait a second...."I Zimbra" might be.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts