Poutine - Mission Accomplished

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central

Its on the menu at Gordon Ramseys Foxtrot Oscar in London. I made a mission out of it, as its bloody impossible to find real poutine outside of Canada as I've discovered (although I think I saw a poutinery being constructed somewhere near Rivington street in new york.)

Anyway I can confirm its delicious.

Now I need to step my poutine game up and figure out a way to try the wilder variations. Real cheese curds yall - and yes, they were squeaky.

Comments

• Congrats dude! My stomach still dreams of the Poutine I had in Vancouver two years ago. Closest thing I can get in my neighborhood is Japanese Curry Cheese Fries which are pretty damn bomb, but really just a substitute.

• nice, this is a gourmet poutine from a place i dj at that has scalloped potatoes, aged cheddar, duck, grilled apple and jus...not traditional but still delicious

• Had Poutine for lunch today... am curious that it's being exported to NY, always thought that would be a good idea.

The latest version of poutine I had a couple of months ago was in deepest darkest Quebec. It was called a Guidene or some shit: Fries topped with rotisserie chicken, canned peas, st Albert's cheese curds and gravy . Basically a chicken dinner w/ cheese. Yum.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Big Red Cock (a gastropub in Houston) has an amazing Poutine Confit with duck leg and gruyere cheese.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Congrats dude! My stomach still dreams of the Poutine I had in Vancouver two years ago. Closest thing I can get in my neighborhood is Japanese Curry Cheese Fries which are pretty damn bomb, but really just a substitute.

Thanks man! These Poutinistas need to start a worldwide franchise and spread the gospel, eh.

calkuta said:

nice, this is a gourmet poutine from a place i dj at that has scalloped potatoes, aged cheddar, duck, grilled apple and jus...not traditional but still delicious

See, ^ thats what i'm talmbout! Poutine flippins ftw!!

LoopDreams said:
    Had Poutine for lunch today... am curious that it's being exported to NY, always thought that would be a good idea.

The latest version of poutine I had a couple of months ago was in deepest darkest Quebec. It was called a Guidene or some shit: Fries topped with rotisserie chicken, canned peas, st Albert's cheese curds and gravy . Basically a chicken dinner w/ cheese. Yum.

Sounds like some serious comfort food my dude.

billbradley said:
    Big Red Cock (a gastropub in Houston)has an amazing Poutine Confit with duck leg and gruyere cheese
    :pasue:
    Poutine Confit sounds damn good also.

• LoopDreams said:
    Had Poutine for lunch today... am curious that it's being exported to NY, always thought that would be a good idea.

http://poutinepundit.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/review-new-yorks-mile-end/

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    billbradley said:
    Big Red Cock (a gastropub in Houston) has an amazing Poutine Confit with duck leg and gruyere cheese.

Didn't know about that and I've been there a few times. Will have to try this poutine thing.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    really unless u r at a place that has decent gravy, poutine is gross... tho the diesel poutines w/ hot dogs n bacon n pepperoni are great when yr drunk...

good job, now go get yourself some carne asada fries...