THE EAST FLATBUSH PROJECT-A MADMANS DREAM

innercitymusicinnercitymusic 53 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
I was checking out Premier's old mix tape and this track stood out, ill as fuk, never heard of them before but feeling the track, this was release in 1994.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    innercitymusic said:
    never heard of them before
    dude

• Reynaldo said:
    innercitymusic said:
    never heard of them before
    dude

Ha ha.

• Hey, I'm can only keep up with so much, maybe I just don't remember. Even in my Soundwaves Record Store days here in Houston. I missed plenty of independent music back in the day coming from NY and LA until recently was up on a few that I missed. I bet the same can be said for some music coming from H-Town that never made it out of Texas.

• I am familiar with the I tried single, or at least sounds familiar.

• The beat for tried by 12 was basically inescapable after it came out. Even if you never heard that single you probably heard somebody freestyling on top of it.

I think the odd thing was that you'd heard an east Flatbush 12" that probably not many remember, but didn't know the one that was everywhere. No worries.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "Beef starts with a shove, and ends with a shovel" - One of the coldest lines ever.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    home made spring reverb in full effect

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah, I well know that East Flatbush Project, but who is this "Premier" with the mixtape you're talking about?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, I well know that East Flatbush Project, but who is this "Premier" with the mixtape you're talking about?

I think "premier" means its new

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    innercitymusic said:
    Hey, I'm can only keep up with so much, maybe I just don't remember. Even in my Soundwaves Record Store days here in Houston. I missed plenty of independent music back in the day coming from NY and LA until recently was up on a few that I missed. I bet the same can be said for some music coming from H-Town that never made it out of Texas.

....um Soundwaves......meaning C!ph and the @re both worked there right??......plenty of east/west/southern schitt was well in play there. i bought some of my first beatnuts joints there back in the 90s.

no excuse, dudes in Htown knew good music and knew East Flatbush just as well as Raheem

• the original poster apparently never heard a single live DJ set between the years 1995-2000.

• Or, a freestyle ...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Sorry InnerCity...this is the point where the strut forms like Voltron to create one giant:

"Thou Must be casket 'bound"

• This kind of reminds me of that thread where the dude got mad because someone spoiled the end of Sixth Sense. Like 10 years after the fact. That was awesome.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Really thought this thread was going to be about some diabolical millionaire's attempt to build a hamster-run water park in East Flatbush

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No koto.