The Old Dude Saturday Night thread

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
just had some pork and cucumber dumplings with ponzu and ginger. Drinkin' Negra Modelo and listenin' to Yusef Lateef...inhalin'
gonna stick with the saxes on Atlantic and put on some Eddie Harris, havent listened to him in years...call me Mr. Saturday Night.

Comments

• The_Hook_Up said:
    just had some pork and cucumber dumplings with ponzu and ginger. Drinkin' Negra Modelo and listenin' to Yusef Lateef...inhalin'
    gonna stick with the saxes on Atlantic and put on some Eddie Harris, havent listened to him in years...call me Mr. Saturday Night.

I'm going out again tonight to see a band and I'm absolutely dreading it. So old.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm going to have some herb and eat one of those Double Trouble Nestle cookies.

• Man, I forgot about Eddie Harris "Turbulence"...far out...

had some Black Sesame Ice Cream and now listenin' to Roy Wood "Boulders"...

• How was your cookie Raj?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Drinkin' Coors light.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Chillin' at the crib.

Drinking....

Listening to....

• Drinking this

reading this

listening to this

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Old nerd dude here i guess. Studying for midterms.

Big_Chan said:

:feelin_it:

Dude, I need some more stuff like this or Bobby Caldwell.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Got my wisdom teeth pulled a couple days ago, so I'm eating mushy food, popping pills, and watching the shit out of The Wire and 30 Rock. I'm a party animal.

• I just watched Karmin on SNL.

I would say shoot me now, but I don't deserve to have a bullet wasted on me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Just got home from a night with the girl. I'm now listening to old dudes brilliance. And Spartacus (Movie, not tv show) is on TV with the sound off.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    old headz know the deal.

I went and watched a band even older than me (English Dogs, 80's UK punk/metal crossover), rode the bike around in 15 degree weather, had a bunch of Newcastle ... now I'm home watching hockey highlights and eating this blackberry pie my Moms had shipped to me from some bakery in Kansas for Valentine's Day ??? ??? LOVE U MOM!!! ??? ???

here's a song for the Strutter Saturday Night:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    English Dogs are still touring? talk about blast from the past!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Coached 3 bball games during the day and I'm on daddy duty this weekend, so Saturday night around 10pm for me consisted of having a dream that I was sitting at a bar having beers. Mighty tasty I must say.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Helped a good friend move today, ate some amazing tapas for dinner as a thanks for the help....Went to High-C's for beers and records and now back home watching the tube and telling you about it. Old man styles for sure.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    old headz know the deal.

I went and watched a band even older than me (English Dogs, 80's UK punk/metal crossover),

WHOA. The last time I saw them live was at some point back in the 80s. Their "Where Legend Began" album is serious. Are they touring the U.S.?

• Horseleech said:
    I just watched Karmin on SNL.

I love her. Seriously. Just the right amount of fun and goofiness for me. Plus you can't deny her breath control when it comes to the rappity rapps.

Karmin > Iggy Azalea, Kesha and Kreayshawn.

Not that that's saying much, but you know.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I just watched Karmin on SNL.

Ha, I watched this, too. I'd never heard of Karmin before (it's good to be disconnected sometimes), but I thought it was hilarious that it's ostensibly a duo, but they only showed the guy when he harmonized the "uh-oh," and even then, half of those shots went to the guitar player who apparently isn't even a real member of the "group."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    old headz know the deal.

I went and watched a band even older than me (English Dogs, 80's UK punk/metal crossover),

WHOA. The last time I saw them live was at some point back in the 80s. Their "Where Legend Began" album is serious. Are they touring the U.S.?

Yeah, they'll be up your way in a week and a half or so:
    http://www.songkick.com/artists/536315-english-dogs/calendar

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    How was your cookie Raj?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I painted my garage door

• Went to a baby luau out at He'eia, ate a bunch of squid and chicken long rice. Came home and had a vodka and grapefruit juice and watched "Downton Abbey". Now I'm writing a paper on RNA intermediates in iron metabolism. About to roast some squash and eggplant for a BBQ tonight. EZ.

• Went to the cal poly farm store to inquire about killing tree hopper nymphs. Was instructed to look for extra extra fine diatenacious soil and bug molting hormone. Will most likely fall asleep watching dvr'd comedies with a half drunk malbec sometime shortly after my 3 & 4 year old pass out. Shit is mad real.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My 'Old Dude Saturday Night' was spent having dinner in a cabin rental with wifey, a colleague, his wife, son, and mother-in-law having dinner, drinking wine, and nursing my soreness from braving the slopes in the Poconos. Maybe, one day I'll graduate from the bunny slopes, though I'll can't ever see me killing the Black Diamonds like my cat does on the regular. I now know why skiing isn't my sport! Oh well, nonetheless, it was a great time had by all.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

My 'Old Dude Saturday Night' was spent having dinner in a cabin rental with wifey, a colleague, his wife, son, and mother-in-law having dinner, drinking wine, and nursing my soreness from braving the slopes in the Poconos. Maybe, one day I'll graduate from the bunny slopes, though I'll can't ever see me killing the Black Diamonds like my cat does on the regular. I now know why skiing isn't my sport! Oh well, nonetheless, it was a great time had by all.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks,

You may appreciate my ???Bunny Hill??? story. When I was about 16 some friends talked me into going skiing at Hunter Mountain in upstate NY. Having never done it before I was nervous but my buddy promised me it was easy and I???d start on the ???Bunny Hill??? with little kids and work my way up. I didn???t have the kind of money needed to buy all the usual ski clothing so I brought a brand new pair of Levis and a sweatshirt. When we got there I rented some skis and was ready to go. My friends lead me to the chairlift and I got on. We started to go up, and up, and it became obvious real fast that this was no ???Bunny Hill???. When we got to the top there was a sign that read ???HELL GATE??? and my buddies laughed and headed down the mountain.

I stared down what looked like a friggin cliff and begged the chairlift operator to let me ride the chair back down. He said it was not possible and that I would have to ski down to the bottom. At this point I have to tell you that this was in late November and there really wasn???t that much snowfall yet that season so they had these snow machines that would shoot out a chemical based snow onto the mountain. I stood there for a good 10 minutes and then decided I had to start moving or freeze my ass off. I started down the hill, made it about 10 feet and fell. Got up, tried it again and made it about another 10 feet. At this point I realized that this was the only way I was going to make it down safely???.go 10 feet ???.fall???get up and do it again. By the time I made it to the bottom of the hill I must have fallen 50-100 times. I was pretty pissed off at what my friends had done and they were there waiting for me at the bottom of the mountain laughing their asses off while pointing back up the hill. I turned around and saw that the chemical from the fake snow had attacked the blue dye in my new Levis and every place I had fallen now had a long blue streak. Even people I didn???t know were pointing at me and calling me by my new nickname ???The Blue Streak???.

I made my way over to the Bunny Hill and by the end of the day I was a pretty decent beginner skier. I probably went back 20-30 times and actually got pretty good at it. I never did buy any of that fancy ski wear and bought a decent pair of skis at a Garage sale. It???s one of the few things I miss about no longer living in NY.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    While I was snoozing at home, this Assholes by Nature concert was going down in my town...