R.I.P. Don Cornelius

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
Heard about it on the radio. Self - Inflicted gun shot.
R.I.P. Don C

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Dumbfounded, what a way to go out. RIP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DAMN

Conspiracy..............

:eyeball:

I need to get this.......

before they go out of print. This is it.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Really really sad to hear this... such a pioneer, accomplishments are too many to name... his work help me and many others get through the week feeling good about being Black... just hurt man...

• damn i heard he passed, but didnt know about the gun shot business...

dang!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Rip

• batmon said:

But do the DVDs contain the Line Dances?

sabadabada said:
    batmon said:

I was in JR Music world and they were playing one of the dvds. And it seemed like it was just performances.

I didnt see the post song interviews, the word games board, or much in show stuff.

i bet the line dances of the 70s are there. Don knew the show was as much about the community and the artists.

sabadabada said:
    batmon said:

I was in JR Music world and they were playing one of the dvds. And it seemed like it was just performances.

I didnt see the post song interviews, the word games board, or much in show stuff.

i bet the line dances of the 70s are there. Don knew the show was as much about the community and the artists.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    This is just shocking news, especially because he killed himself. I hope more bad news doesn't come out about why he did it but I'm afraid it will.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

hahaa

• batmon said:
    sabadabada said:
    batmon said:

can't embed, but this mashup to I know you got soul is amazing. I think I watched it 20 times in a row.

SOULstrut has only 14 replies to one of the giants in the game. SMH.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is so sad, RIP. Check out this article, kinda interesting

http://www.theroot.com/views/black-people-dont-kill-themselves-right

• sabadabada said:

can't embed, but this mashup to I know you got soul is amazing. I think I watched it 20 times in a row.

This is awesome! RIP to the Don of Soul.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Here's one of my favorite Soul Train performances. There was another clip of Soul Train where Joe Tex performed this song, but whomever owns the rights had it pulled . Damita Jo Freeman kills it again. R.I.P. Mr. Cornelius.