Poast a pic of a peacock next to your ride or your (sic) soft.

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central

I will also accept pictures with slightly-less- animals.

Comments

• i was riding through a country lane a few months back, turned a corner and found a peacock relaxing in the middle of the road. it trotted in front of me for a moment before flying over a hedge.

unfortunately i have no photographic evidence.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Filing that one with any forthcoming replies from 'Coop, talmbout getting a puncture off a Unicorn horn or somesuch.

Will also be discounting any non-photographic evidence from Stackswell as being under-the-influence.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I actually do have some peacock photos around somewhere. Twas motoring about LA with the one 4YearGraduate when he took a detour up a hill that he said was known to be inhabited by the beasts. Sure enough, we saw several just lounging in people's yards, sitting on the roofs of cars, etc. Didn't expect that in LA.

BOOM

• My standard LA tour is peacocks, crack manufacturing supply stores and old crips.

4YearGraduate said:
    My standard LA tour is peacocks, crack manufacturing supply stores and old crips.

And karaoke. Don't forget the karaoke.

DB_Cooper said:

BOOM

And the ride? UN-BOOM.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I thought peacock was the latest Brit term for a fine looking lady. But, no, you meant an actual peacock.

J i m s t e r said:
    DB_Cooper said:

BOOM

And the ride? UN-BOOM.

Photo taken FROM THE RIDE. 4YG actually did some super-slow drive-by moves on a couple of peacocks so I could get some shots.

I am told I am the most literal person around these parts.

Being Canadian, I will consider the ante upped if you can post polar bear or whale shots.

Next to your ride, natch.

I live in the city, I couldn't produce a beaver shot even if I wanted to.
    And I can't drive nor know how to ride a bike...snatch.

I don't even belong in this thread.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    "beaver shot"...ha!

Sorry,
    parallax

bassie said:
    I live in the city, I couldn't produce a beaver shot even if I wanted to.
    And I can't drive nor know how to ride a bike...snatch.

I don't even belong in this thread.

• I used to rent a house in Cairns years ago and for a few weeks we had a stray peacock lurking around. It was awesome when i had a room for rent and this beautiful girl turned up to check out the room and the peacock was doing a full display on the front lawn. Perfect timing and she did move in.

I've never seen one in real life before...it's like a mythical creature to me.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    bassie said:
    I've never seen one in real life before...it's like a mythical creature to me.

If you ever come to Oxford, visit the Trout Inn. They always filmed Inpsector Morse having a pint there, and the garden is home to 3 or 4 peacocks.

• There are super high end cockfights around here that use peacocks in the fights.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    AndreBreton said:
    There are super high end cockfights around here that use peacocks in the fights.

1%ers stand up!

A peacock roosted(?) in my boy's folk's backyard in high school. My boy, who was always acting hard, didn't mention this to us, so when the creature came strutting around the corner in full spread we were awe-struck for a few seconds. We were smoking sweets and jamming Screw tapes.

Me: What the fuck is that?
    My Boy: The fuck it look like, man-a peacock.
    Me:Where's it from?
    My boy: He escaped from the zoo.
    Me: What does he eat?
    My boy: Grains and shit, man, don't come at him like that.

I remember that snatch of conversation like it was yesterday. The peacock was from the zoo( his folk's called and the zoo people said they were a peacock short) and it had disappeared a week prior. The zoo people were just as baffled by the peacock's choice of residency as we were. There are literally a million places between the zoo and my boy's house, including a lake and creeks etc., so for the peacock to choose a house in the middle of a residential was strange. After a week the zoo people came and got him, thus ending our week with a peacock.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    bassie said:

These things are so good. They opened one close to my place & it's hard to resist.

jmjmjmjm said:

Annette Peacock = Close, but no cigar, even in Argentina. Ford Taunus/Cortina still running? Respect.

4 posts in 2 years and it needs subject matter this deep to bring forth a 5th.

BOOM.

Next week I will get one with the peacock on the bike. Freals.