Should I go to DJ school?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
Sayin........

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Batmon's thread was so that it got spammed!

:hi:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    batmon said:
    Sayin........

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

I kid you not, this has been my bedroom setup for a decade now. Mine was even an open box Guitar Center floor model of the shit, I think it was $65 plus tax. I just saw the carts were unused on it, and figured that was a decent price just for the carts - and the one turntable that was dinged up (and had a bent tonearm it turned out) I brought back 2 days later and swapped for a brand new one. the crossfade on that numark mixer has been blown out since like 9 months after I bought it. an audiophile I am not.

• 8- Day/3 Island P&O DJ Cruise # 2:

Now booking for our 2nd DJ Course Cruise, Nov 26th, 2012.
    Rates and Details

Click here to see our recent 2010 DJ Cruise Student Photos

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    What you probably thought of was more like this...Austria holdin' it down with DJ schools since 1969...

• Hi. Sorry to threadjack. SOI's post reminded me... What's the best quick fix for a finicky crossfader? Canned Air? De-Ox-It? Thanks in advance.

• TheKindCromang said:
    Hi. Sorry to threadjack. SOI's post reminded me... What's the best quick fix for a finicky crossfader? Canned Air? De-Ox-It? Thanks in advance.

canned air helps my busted up pioneer. i never tried fusking w/ any 99.9 rubbing alcohol or anything like that though - i'd google that first before i tried it.

usually i'll open up and pop the thing out, spray the shit out of it w/ some compressed air, then reassemble.

although eventually you're just going to have to break down and buy a replacement crossfader.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    What you probably thought of was more like this...Austria holdin' it down with DJ schools since 1969...

GDR was holding it down. DJing and dialectics.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Hi. Sorry to threadjack. SOI's post reminded me... What's the best quick fix for a finicky crossfader? Canned Air? De-Ox-It? Thanks in advance.

Clipper Oil is (in my experience) the absolute best for a bleeding or finicky crossfader. If you have a set of clippers at your house, you probably have that shit somewhere in there.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    JectWon said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Clipper Oil is (in my experience) the absolute best for a bleeding or finicky crossfader. If you have a set of clippers at your house, you probably have that shit somewhere in there.

^^ this was the best suggestion i have ever heard and since you gave me that advice my 08pro has been like buttah

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Should you go to DJ school?

Only after first attending hip-hop hand-signing school.

For instance, if you can't spell BLOOD with your fingers against your chest, you probably can't do a crab nebula scratch.

BABY STEPS.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Should you go to DJ school?

Only after first attending hip-hop hand-signing school.

For instance, if you can't spell BLOOD with your fingers against your chest, you probably can't do a crab nebula scratch.

BABY STEPS.

Ha.....

In my private mind garden imma Crip. And fake Crip-Walk when no one is looking. Spellin' my name on the wood floor.

I really wouldnt mind getting a quick "lesson" on the tech aspects. Turntable maintenance, needle manangement, etc.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    forget what is taught, remember what is learnt