Jan 2012 Finds

2»

Comments

• DJ_NevilleC said:
    DjWillderness said:
    I guess Neal is on a roll!

That book cover art looks like the guy who drew abraxis/bitches brew/sextant

One and the same. Really sick book!

I picked this book up on ebay ten years ago for ten bucks
    book goes for loot apparently ($300-400) Interesting because the text goes into detail about his background and each piece. Fascinating insight into the debauched lsd soaked mind of klarwein who dropped acid and had sex with a lot of his models

• willisread said:
    finds from late December and early

CONGRATULATIONS! All the very best for the future to you and your girl.

(Nice records, too - the Lou Bond never seems to pop up on this side of the Atlantic and my copy sounds like it's been used as an ice rink by overweight mice.)

Cheers! The engagement congrats are much appreciated and as for the lou bond yeah the cover has a little water damage, but the vinyl is in great shape.

Would love to make it over to London sometime...I'm sure there's some stuff that comes up over there that I can't find in Tokyo or at least stuff that may be a lil more common.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Field buys and some trades:

The Jack van Poll LP has a crazy version of Norwegian Wood on it.

The Luther Thomas Funky Donkey was a great surprise for me! Too bad the cover's trashed. Well, can't complain for $5 really.
    The Lizzy Mercier - mambo nassau (bottom-right) is also very good and my spare, so holler if interested.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    these finds are making me question my record shopping hiatus of the past 3-4 yrs. I've curtailed myself to 5-6 records a year the last 3-4 yrs.

goddamn har you goddamn

btw even the ubiq reish is worth $40 or so, it's been out of print for a while now.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    All field finds from the past 3 weeks except the Lou Courtney.
    I hope these set the tone for my 2012 diggin'.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Field finds from today. Silver Spring, MD

The 'Paper Tiger ost' is sealed. Sample/breaks wise, is it worth cracking?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    makossa 12s on the come up

• Upskiboo, you always find interesting stuff!

• Good weekend for me, all pretty cheap:

The three singles are Rated X - What You Gonna Do About It which is a great double sider.