Songs written for newborns.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
I figure that's what the Jay-Z thread would've eventually evolved to, so I figured I'd start a new one for those wise enough to avoid that thread. I think we've done this before many years ago, but hell if I'm gonna search for it.

Post 'em, no matter how corny they are!

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts

• I want to add a version of "Little B's Poem", but have no idea whether it's actually about a newborn...

"Little B's Poem" has some daft lines...

"Before you came and brought us such joy
    How we hoped and prayed that you???d be a boy
    But little girl you are my heart???s delight..."

"Gee thanks."

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    David Bowie - Kooks

Beatles - I Will

Oh and 'Daddy's Little Son'' from Bohannon's Phase II. Possibly the worst Bohannon track ever, even in the context of Hamilton's endless talent for truly dire songs. Don't get me wrong, I love Bohannon but he's made some real stinkers.

• J i m s t e r said:
    "Little B's Poem" has some daft lines...

"Before you came and brought us such joy
    How we hoped and prayed that you???d be a boy
    But little girl you are my heart???s delight..."

"Gee thanks."

Yes, those lines always seemed odd in a paean to your child...

Although (and not to derail the thread) you could probably defend it by pointing out that a majority of people in the world would probably prefer to have a boy rather than a girl (I half recall an article about China saying that men looking to marry were finding it incredibly difficult since they outnumbered women about 13 to 1, or something along those lines).

Yeah, the Chinese "One-child" policy, desire to continue the male lineage and sly abortions of female foetuseseses should certainly help to keep the population terminally down, now they've ended up with male/female ratios along the lines you mention.

• don't know if this counts but from loudon wainwright III to his son rufus...

• Gil Scott Heron - Your daddy loves you (off "Reflections")

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Real heads rock pre-natal. "Belly Button Window" - Hendrix

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

not exactly newborn. Whatev

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Songs used pretty loosely here, but how about a whole album of natal vibes?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I like this cover, but not sure if it's intended for a baby or not. In my mind it is.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

elise said:
    I like this cover, but not sure if it's intended for a baby or not. In my mind it is.

It's not but it's a great tune (XTC OG). We used to sing it but changed the words to mock the fat kid in the class...

"We're only making pants... For Freddie."

You had to be there.

Also rocking it pre-natally....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    elise said:

It's not but it's a great tune (XTC OG). We used to sing it but changed the words to mock the fat kid in the class...

You had to be there.

Poor Freddie.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts

elise said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    elise said:

You had to be there.

Poor Freddie.

He was a nasty piece of work, shed not one tear. Anyway, I saw him on the bus a few years after. He'd lost all the weight, on the H-Plan diet. Heroin.

• Apologies in advance about the annoying video, I figured it was still better than Vevo ads.

• A son.

• That recent pop song that goes "welcome to the planet / welcome to existence"