Custom DJ cabinets.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
Been wanting to have one made for a while, but never got around to it. Any of you guys have (or have seen) any nice ones? I have ideas of how I want it to look but I'd like to see some actual factual ones. I remember a poster named PJsomething posted a pic of a really nice one he had custom-built years ago that ended up in a DJ book.

Ultimately, I'd like one that's sleek with the platters and mixer flush with the top, but unfortunately I have a weekly gig and I have to bring my own equipment out.

Comments

• Herm, there's a company in the bay that sell pretty nice prefab ones with the sleekness. I heard they were pretty decently built. They have a website but I forget their name.

Other option, the plywood/formica diy route. I have some good pron for that..

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    Herm, there's a company in the bay that sell pretty nice prefab ones with the sleekness. I heard they were pretty decently built. They have a website but I forget their name.

Other option, the plywood/formica diy route. I have some good pron for that..

Yes! Plaese to post cabinet pron.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I posted this one up before. If you want them I can share his design plans for it.

edit. oops, I misread before and didn't realize that you aren't looking for inset turntables. An 8 cube expedit on its side is probably the easiest and cheapest solution.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    billbradley said:
    I posted this one up before. If you want them I can share his design plans for it.

edit. oops, I misread before and didn't realize that you aren't looking for inset turntables. An 8 cube expedit on its side is probably the easiest and cheapest solution.

that has nasty coke den vibes.

herm's a grown ass man and i doubt he wants some ikea crap. i'd definitely go the custom route using solid wood, and designed for the space, not for what it holds.

herm, you know where it's gonna go? take some pictures and some measurements, and i can help you draw something up.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    billbradley said:

that has nasty coke den vibes.

herm's a grown ass man and i doubt he wants some ikea crap. i'd definitely go the custom route using solid wood, and designed for the space, not for what it holds.

herm, you know where it's gonna go? take some pictures and some measurements, and i can help you draw something up.

Dope! The area it'll go in isn't too fancy (just pushed against a wall, really), so really something ^that^ general size would be sufficient, provided I have a shelf or something to use as a laptop stand. Also, I'm not opposed to inset tables - prefer 'em actually - but they'd need to be easily removable.

Also, my house IS a Coke den:

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

my fried built me this a couple of years ago. i'm super happy with it. we had toyed with the idea of inset turntables but ultimately i decided against it since i wasn't sure how my setup might change over the years.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I made concrete countertops once, and it was fun as hell. Incorporate some concrete.

I'm an idiot right now. What's in this coffee?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I would stay away from insert turntables. The casing will act as a resonance body and might cause rumble/feedback.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    ^^^^
    *like*

• damn DJ scotty Mac has too much time on his hands if he made that himself. thats some pimpy shit

interesting little thing on the bottom of deerocks link with the expedit album cover doors. kindof cool but id want to see them in practice. theyd probably get on my nerves real quick when i wanted to look for things

i gotta design myself something in the next few months. i'll report back if it is presentable