Konphibious

YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
Gee, I just realised that I haven't posted anything since I last had to re-register several years ago before life became more than busy and Soul Strutting became a no-no for me. However, I remember that this is where you to turn to when you really need help.

A few months ago I came across a weblink to a Gilles Peterson radio show from early 2011 in which Kon was playing some "Konphibious" edits of tracks by the likes of Cerronne, Chic, George Benson, Bee Gees, The Spinners. I understand that these have never been released on vinyl or CD (please tell me I am wrong!) and as I generally do not download any MP3s I am a bit clueless where to look for them (and I do not mean a copy of the GP show).

Anyone?

Comments

• Best bet is to hit up ben from whiskey barons, amphibious (sp?) on the board or kon who's handle is escaping me atm. GOOD SH!T.

• ah yes indeed! those are joints that me and kon did. The Bee Gees edit actually came out recently on wax. You should also peep the kon & the gang 12" that me and a few others helped out on.

We have a ton of shit in the works right now

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Thank you.

amphibious said:
    The Bee Gees edit actually came out recently on wax.

Under which name? I haven't seen this anywhere...

amphibious said:
    You should also peep the kon & the gang 12" that me and a few others helped out on.
    That's what Kon recommended to me last year as well. I think he is also right to make a point that this is more than an edit. Good work.

What's amazing about the edits though is that very few people would get excited if they read a track list like this:

Slave ??? Just A Touch Of Love
    George Benson ??? Give Me The Night
    Cerrone ??? Hooked On You (
    Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Back Together
    Mcfadden & Whitehead ??? No Stoppin Break
    Chic - Good Times
    Teena Marie ??? Square Biz
    The Spinners ??? I???ll Be Around

All great tracks in their own right, but many might consider them so played out that they wouldn't get excited hearing that there were some new remixed available. For those who haven't had the pleasure yet check it out for example here, starting at 17:18

Kon & Amir at GP

• here you go;

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/442145-01.htm

there's some other good stuff on there too