Nas and the Angola shows. Crazy.

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/after_rapper_nas_is_no-show_at.html

Wow. Extra crazy. Why in the hell would you get involved with promoting a rap show by an American artist in Angola and then travel to Angola for the show? Advancing an American rap artist $300,000 USD and expecting them to show up in Angola for a show is a hell of a gamble. This white dude and his son from New Jersey do not speak any Portuguese and they went to Angola for the shows? Nas instead attended a New Year???s Eve party with LeBron James. Nas is still holding $100,000 USD of the advance. I hope this guy and his kid get back to the U.S. okay.

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This was a colorful quote:

"When we first arrived at the jail for questioning, they made sure to show me where I would be staying if I couldn???t get the act or the money right away," Allocco said. "It was a Third World holding cell that smelled of sweat and human body odor."

Would a jail cell in dude's native New Jersey be classified as Second World?

Soul Strut has been rife this week on bad Rap Promoter news, hustlas beware!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    white_tea said:
    This was a colorful quote:

"When we first arrived at the jail for questioning, they made sure to show me where I would be staying if I couldn???t get the act or the money right away," Allocco said. "It was a Third World holding cell that smelled of sweat and human body odor."

Would a jail cell in dude's native New Jersey be classified as Second World?

Soul Strut has been rife this week on bad Rap Promoter news, hustlas beware!

I'm sayin'! Why did this fool and his son go to Angola in the first place?

• US should step up and arrest NAS for international wire fraud or some shit.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Nas has done this before. In fact, rap shows got banned from Brixton Academy in London as a direct result of an incident related to a Nas no-show at another London venue.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Nas has done this before. In fact, rap shows got banned from Brixton Academy in London as a direct result of an incident related to a Nas no-show at another London venue.

Is that anything to do with the shooting in 2005?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    magpaul said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Is that anything to do with the shooting in 2005?

Yes, although it wasn't a shooting in the sense that someone was shot, simply that a weapon was discharged. I'll leave you to ponder on why that was.