Philly - We (me + 2 other scholary gentleman) DJ'ing Trestle Inn 11th & Callowhill

smoking_robotsmoking_robot 346 Posts
edited January 2012 in Announcements

1/7/2011
Trestle Inn Whiskey & Go-Go
11th & Callowhil
10pm - 2am

funk soul psych and other fun shit

Comments

• say whatup to my girl Shann...best bar tender on earth

• haha, just saw this. Shannon the gm? or Shannon f?

• the latter.
    you gonna do that regularly? i havent been to the hipsterized resurrection tressle yet but i guess i gotta check it out eventually. hopefuly they kept a lot of the old decor. good vibe for what you were doing?

• tripledouble said:
    the latter.
    you gonna do that regularly? i havent been to the hipsterized resurrection tressle yet but i guess i gotta check it out eventually. hopefuly they kept a lot of the old decor. good vibe for what you were doing?

yeah we just signed up for 6 more months 1st saturdays. Im pretty sure the inside was gutted and redone but i never went to the old trestle inn since i've never lived close enough to center city really to venture there. although i did live around the corner from the dolphin for a few years.

the place is pretty nice - i get the feeling the crowd is generally old city/center city transplants who want something a little more adventurous than the typical center city spot offers with a smattering of other crowds. not too much of the hipster barbary crowd say.

folks seemed to be diggin it though... i mean you still have to drop in a track or two they know to keep people into it but people been gettin down to some shit they aint ever heard before which is nice so i can kinda play whatever the fuck i feel pre 1975 really.

weirdest moment was when some girl comes up to the table and asks one of the other guys i spin with to not play any james brown because it was her friends birthday and her friend didnt like james brown. i dont know where i was when this went down since i wasnt manning the station at the moment but i kinda wish i could told that girl to fuck off. or had her bring her birthday friend up to let her know that her feelings of entitlement are fucking retarded.