Rappers who sound like other rappers

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
I've been listening to the excellent Essential Dipset Mix lately, and I realized that I can't tell Juelz and Jim Jones apart at times. Other obvious comparisons are Action Bronson doing his best Ghostface impression and Guerrilla Black parroting Biggie. As sad a commentary as this is, Wayne and Aubs kinda morph at times.

Whose voices do you get confused?

Comments

• Clipse sounded the same to me, and I wasn't completely sure whose verse was whose until I saw them live (or in video).

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    i find grand daddy i.u. sounds a lot like big daddy kane.

• Remember that dude NOE on the Blakroc album who sounded almost EXACTLY like Jay-Z?

Also, and this isn't meant as commentary, but sometimes on tracks where Lil Wayne and Drake are together, I loose track of which is which, even though their voices aren't that similar.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I have a much harder time telling Aubs and Kanye apart.

I call Vado Cam-lite.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I remember when I heard "Blame it on the Alcohol" I had no idea it was a Jamie Foxx song. I thought it was just T-Pain. Phuggin' Auto Tune.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Shyne and Biggie, obviously

And I couldn't tell the Clipse dudes apart, either. If they ever did a Run DMC-style back-and-forth track, it'd sound like one dude punching in every other line.

• dstill808 said:
    Remember that dude NOE on the Blakroc album who sounded almost EXACTLY like Jay-Z?

damn was this a shot at Jay? Dame exec produced that project; was putting that dude a subtle dis?

• one of the clipse dudes sounds exactly like one of the camp lo dudes.

• On Pimp C's "Knockin' Doors Down," P.O.P. sounds like B.O.B. (in voice and name).

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that dipset mix is killa!
    clipse is an obvious one
    but these are ridiculous

• DJ_Enki said:
    And I couldn't tell the Clipse dudes apart, either. If they ever did a Run DMC-style back-and-forth track, it'd sound like one dude punching in every other line.

pcmr said:
    clipse is an obvious one

I'm *relieved* that it wasn't just me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    DJ_Enki said:

pcmr said:
    clipse is an obvious one

I'm *relieved* that it wasn't just me.

4-5 years ago you guys would've been laughed off the board by an angry mob of Clipse supporters. Wha' happened??

• Anyone heard this dude Willie Evans Jr, more than a passing resemblance to Doom.

• dstill808 said:

Also, and this isn't meant as commentary, but sometimes on tracks where Lil Wayne and Drake are together, I loose track of which is which, even though their voices aren't that similar.

Yeah my sister everytime she hears Drake come on the radio she thinks it is Wayne.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've never thought Drake sounded anything like Wayne.

• Another one: Paul Waw and Cham, but only on parts of "Get Ya Mind Correct."

• rookrook 357 Posts
    E-40 & Gift of Gab have always sounded very similar to me. Recently, a friend and I were revisiting Graveyard Shift and we decided it's a bay conspiracy.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    bull_ox said:
    I've never thought Drake sounded anything like Wayne.

Me neither. Not one bit.

• L'Roneous -----> Aceyalone
    Eligh --------> Andre 3000
    Drake ------------> Wayne

Not sound alikes, def a-alikes, but to this day, I don't know which one is which: Tek n' Steel.