Schtick

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
how much mileage does he plan on getting out of this routine? i know nothing about philly politics except that i have seen him do this about 4 different times...

post some examples of schtick (both good and bad): e.g. i think james brown's routine with the cape during "please, please, please" is good schtick; wheras eddie vedder stage-diving during "alive" (does he still do that?) is the height of bad schtik...

Comments

• crabmongerfunk said:
    how much mileage does he plan on getting out of this routine? i know nothing about philly politics except that i have seen him do this about 4 different times...

post some examples of schtick (both good and bad): e.g. i think james brown's routine with the cape during "please, please, please" is good schtick; wheras eddie vedder stage-diving during "alive" (does he still do that?) is the height of bad schtik...

Mayor Nutter has come out and supported every Philly DJ Day (i might have actual even title incorrect). He used to be a DJ "back in the day" according to him, i have no firsthand knowledge since i probably wasnt old enough to attend the events when he was doing that back in his hey day.

Nutter as a rapper I know nothing about beyond the fact that maybe he still feels some kind of connection to music.

• crabmongerfunk said:

ha! clearly n**h you don't know how philly does. the slogan for my hometown is basically do it to death, same thing, over and over. stop. repeat. never, ever change. go back jack do it again. so mayor nutter likes to be known for doing this schtick yes and instead of being the same old thing it's considered signature or classic and is embraced. like playing baby got back at every wedding. but i'm not mad at it.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Modern-day Nile Rodgers halting live performances of "Good Times" to kick a verse from "Rapper's Delight." In terms of a superior product going to appalling lengths to ape an inferior product, this shit is perhaps second only to the introduction of New Coke. Fucking travesty.

My latest least-favorite record-dude schtick: Starting a conversation about record alphabetizing/filing/etc. as a thinly veiled ploy to bugle about how diverse your tastes are. "I mean, I never know if I should file my Dinosaur L records in my 'D' section between Dinosaur Jr. and Dipset, or at the very beginning of my 'L' section, right after Kyuss and right before Lakeside. Or maybe I should..." Sigh.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    james said:
    Modern-day Nile Rodgers halting live performances of "Good Times" to kick a verse from "Rapper's Delight." In terms of a superior product going to appalling lengths to ape an inferior product, this shit is perhaps second only to the introduction of New Coke. Fucking travesty.

wow, didn't know he did this.

• AKallDay said:
    ha! clearly n**h you don't know how philly does. the slogan for my hometown is basically do it to death, same thing, over and over. stop. repeat. never, ever change. go back jack do it again. .

cool. is that a known thing about philly, cause i also sort of like things the way they used to be...sounds like a town i would like to visit.

SIRUS said:
    james said:

wow, didn't know he did this.

you can watch him debase hiumself at about 2:40

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think LL still takes his shirt off.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I like this part of Mayor Nutter's schtick.....

"You want to have kids? Take care of them!"