ARTICLE: Connie Zimet and "The Sensuous Woman"

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
I realize I haven't participated on SS in awhile, but hope to settle in like a warm couch in 2012. I wrote this an hour ago after I discovered Connie Zimet had passed away two years ago. I was clearing out a number of e-mails, figuring I should "lighten the load". I found Zimet's e-mail that was one of a few replies I had made for an interview in 2005 and 2007. I've mentioned on this board a number of times about this record, and there was little known about it, other than it had "great sample potential". I had plans to do articles then, but due to her health, she was unable to do them. The last time I had heard from her was in 2007, and as any of us who are writers/journalists know, if someone doesn't respond or write back, you don't pester. There's also something called "life" or "not interested", but we don't write back and ask why. We move on.

My goal with the interview was to do an article sharing some information about "The Way To Become The Sensuous Woman". We've all come across sex/stag records, we have regular posts on our favorite titty covers, sex is never too far from the mind. Some were made as mere novelties, others were done to make a profit from. This one was arguably a bit of both, but it was done to be the audio equivalent of the book written by "J". Everything you always wanted to know about why you got sweaty and things turned hard could be found in books, and only the extra seedy would dare go into a movie theater. it was a perceived time of freedom, and thus this record was made.

While the interview did not happened, she we changed two or three e-mails that essentially had a good amount of information. Thus, as my last article of 2011, I share a bit of information and reflection on 1971's The Way To Become The Sensuous Woman".

http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/2011/12/31/record-crack-the-loss-of-connie-zimet/

Comments

• I always wondered about that record, one of my favorite 'talkie-talks'. Thanks for sharing the article.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Oh, is this what The Herbaliser sampled for their track of the same name?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    There is a copy at Records L.A. ...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks for posting
    i found this in a church basement this year and i enjoyed it...good to have some backstory

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Always nice to have you around.

IIRC this is the record where she compares a bj to eating an ice cream cone.
    Or that could be the Xavier Hollander record.