Joni Mitchell Strut

2»

Comments

• I celebrate her entire catalog!

My favorite is also "Hissing", did you all hear the demos from that album? The Seeding Of Summer Lawns

Thanks for linking that 90s David Letterman performance.

• batmon said:
    I never listen to my blue cd.

I don't listen to that one as often as I do Court And Spark, The Hissing Of Summer Lawns, or Don Juan's Reckless Daughter.

I think sometimes people trying to get into Joni go for Blue and leave her there if they can't suss that one. I love that album NOW, but it wasn't my gateway, so I don't recommend it as such.

• DocMcCoy said:
    I don't know too many people beyond hardcore Joni heads that ride for Don Juan's Reckless Daughter, massively cover art or not.

Well, damn.

• Prince to Rolling Stone in 1985 (http://princetext.tripod.com/i_stone85.html)
    RS: Are there any current groups you listen to a lot or learn from?

P: Naah. The last album I loved all the way through was [Joni Mitchell's] The Hissing of Summer Lawns. I respect people's success, but I don't like a lot of popular music. I never did. I like more of the things I heard when I was little. Today, people don't write songs; they're a lot of sounds, a lot of repetition. That happened when producers took over, and that's why there are no more [live] acts. There's no box office anymore. The producers took over, and now no one wants to see these bands.