tape loop shit with rhymes ontop aka tracks from waay back

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
ripped from a 4 track cassette tape so sound is so so

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    can i get a thumbs up or thumbs down on this one, whats the verdict people ???

• "tape loop shit"= cool
    "rhymes ontop"=not so much

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dope

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    not mad at that one bit.

thanx a lot guys for the feedback

so i just found out that i didnt write the rappers name correctly for the intro credits in the video, guess memory gets a little blurry after 20 plus years haha, but for a tape like this which been laying at the bottom of a carboard box for all these years, finally sees the light of day via youtube, and then gets spelled wrong, just couldnt have that haha, so i killed the vid from yesterday and uploaded a new one with correct spelling, peace!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    batmon said:
    dope

I see what you did there.

in relation to the thread title, heres the info from my youtube channel on the vid

On a production note, the Loophole was the room i lived at for two years after moving to Copenhagen back in the late 80s, this place basically contained a bed, record crates, my two turntable and a mixer set up, and the recording gear which consisted of a wheel to wheel and a 4 track tape recorder. Tape loops long and short were hanging off almost every available spot in the room. Beats/ tracks were made without the help of a sampler or computer, so strictly analog, put together in a combination between the turntable, the Tascam 4 track and the wheel to wheel tape recorder via tape looping. The process might sound crazy today, and it was sorta crazy even back then, but it worked. My homeboy cutmaster DJ High B put down all scratches on the tracks.

and heres a pic of what im dealing with at the moment, trying to get these old ass tapes digitalized, a broken 4 trk tape recorder from the 80s with a forward rewind and stop function that does not work daaamn haha

• shit sounds dope to me! The recording sounds good for 4 track. That's a crazy rig you're working with there

another blast from the past and a funny story related to this particular joint, and somewhat crazy that i actually recall this incident after so many years... anyways, at the time aprox 1990, i was hanging out at this newly formed sub (street) label they actually hadent come up with a name yet or released anything, trying to get my foot in the door haha, sorta hilarious, cause the homemade-ish sounding underground tapeloop demo i was dropping them had no chance in hell getting picked up anywhere haha.. so anyway, hangin at the office of the a&r, we were chilling, he had his i think own collection of hiphop 12s filling up the floor, and played me the new brand nubian album which had just dropped, wow dopeness, i was def feeling it, until the cut wake up, fuuuck haha, that was my loop right there, tanga boo related, bugged me a little bit at the time haha, cause you did not want to come out with some shit that had already been used, like the main loop of a song...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    can i get a thumbs up or thumbs down on this one, whats the verdict people ???

thumbs up from me... for the set up you had the beats turned out pretty sweet and the riming though a little dated sounds like it was up to par with the times it was recorded in...

You should put a whole bunch of them together in a mix or something - and not to knock the rimers but an all instrumental copy would kick ass as well :-)

thanks for the comment

not based on tape loops like the other two in this thread, heres another oldie, some of you might front on this one maybe, and theres def some things bout the mix i would have done differently today, but since it was lifted off an ordinary cassette tape, i wouldnt be able to change anything now, and although it might sound a little bit dated, i decided to upload it.. a storyline message type rap track from 1991