Warehouse Packed with Vinyls

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• paging carfagna

• Options
    Your dude Bill Price needs a new gig, he's got no charisma and is destined to a life of reporting on overflowing outhouses and bridge repairs.

• even worse was the damn camera crew! can yall pan a little bit and give us some more pictorial evidence of whats going on? i do see stax of stax tho!

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    "Vinyls" hehe.

Paging Moerer, BTW.

• ^^
    FALSE CARFAGNA

• "albulums"

• I had a chance to swing by and sneak a peak into the windows this morning. It's hard to make out what's inside as the majority of the palettes are covered with a tarps, but it appears that if you are on the prowl for hundreds of copies of cut out Isaac Hayes' Tough Guys Soundtrack, then this is your spot! The warehouse is in the right spot if it does go up in flames as the fire station is just across the street!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Is it weird that the city is all on this guy's ass about the contents of his warehouse? It can't be the only building in town that could start on fire or whatever. Sounds to me like some crooked councilman is trying to unwrap the sealed crust within. :eyeball:

• just to put fluttering hearts to rest, i found somethings out about the place that make it sound like much less of a magic arc of the covenant. japanese were in there in the 90s, for one. but the million records are actually quantity of 20k plus records, mostly being gene autry style bangers. some good titles, but not rain makers. now dudes phone is ringing off the hook, people offering him a million bucks and he's not sure what to do anymore.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    just to put fluttering hearts to rest, i found somethings out about the place that make it sound like much less of a magic arc of the covenant. japanese were in there in the 90s, for one.

JAPANMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

• haha yup. that didnt phase me too much, but the description of the stock did. all pre80s tho

• leonleon 883 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    People offering him a million bucks and he's not sure what to do anymore.

I'd take the money and run

b/w

happy new year strutters!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Stax shipping box at 1:08 is great

• karlophone said:

Prolly Lena Zavaroni records

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    karlophone said:

Prolly Lena Zavaroni records

OR::::::

• i've seen the kinds of records Japanese people buy...I don't think the "Japanese hit it in the 90's" threat holds much weight!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    crazypoprock said:
    i've seen the kinds of records Japanese people buy...I don't think the "Japanese hit it in the 90's" threat holds much weight!

I was thinking that too.

• my friend got the stock rundown and said there was nothing crazy crazy. definitely some decent records and definitely lots and lots of swill. he was negotiating something that would have worked for him until the news blew shit out the water. now the guy thinks hes gonna get al qaeda money for jacksons records. apparently he wasnt a record collector

• tripledouble said:
    apparently he wasnt a record collector

he may not have been a "connoisseur", but dude was definitely collecting records

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    tripledouble said:

he may not have been a "connoisseur", but dude was definitely collecting records

'Collecting' implies some type of curatorial aspect, this guy sounds like he was accumulating, if not hoarding.

• Horseleech said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    tripledouble said:

'Collecting' implies some type of curatorial aspect, this guy sounds like he was accumulating, if not hoarding.

So???. when records "collect" dust, they make sure it's well curated dust?

• he was a dude who just bought shit that seemed to be decent investments. it was more by the pallete than by frequent trips to the record store. he didnt know what the fuck was in those boxes.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Horseleech said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    tripledouble said:

So???. when records "collect" dust, they make sure it's well curated dust?

Please.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    he was a dude who just bought shit that seemed to be decent investments. it was more by the pallete than by frequent trips to the record store. he didnt know what the fuck was in those boxes.

Are these guys even around anymore? Filling warehouses? Just curious...