entertaining Salma Hayekness at waxidrome

124»

Comments

• neil_something said:

ha!

i still rate this...

i loev that record!! the coer is wall art for sure, but it definitely has a handful of nice tracks

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Fuzz

not that one...white NOLA dude?

Definitely white, on Simms, not sure about NOLA. Pretty gnarly fuzz pop:

eddie p

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    hcrink said:
    You guys do realize that 70% of the regular posters on Waxidermy have been or are still frequent posters here don't you?
    This is what I never really got about the whole strut vs waxi thing.

They're two internet forums populated by practically the same people, poasting on one or the other doesn't make you special, no matter how much you want it to.

• Mancini is dope. I'm sure folks over at Waxi ride for him too

• high_c said:
    neil_something said:

i still rate this...

yo i heard a break! I honestly didn't know there was a break on that record.

i'd forgotten this, too (and i've actually sampled it). i always remember it as the herbie hancock cover.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    high_c said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    RAJ said:
    Always checking for Soul in the Horn too.

send me your address for VG- copy that plays pretty well if you need one

Soul in the horn = hard filed.

in other news, recently a friend had to do an intervention on me, forcing me to get rid of all Henry Mancini titles.

"b, b, but... I swear there's a good track on Symphonic Soul somewhere."

Nah, there wasn't.
    Lujon? Pink Panther Theme? Cop Show Raers? This?:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    hard filed Mancini

i think Peter Gunn is still kicking around the place somewhere too, just can't find it to get rid of it lol

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I actually brought this out last night.

MANCINI LOVERS OF THE WORLD UNITE

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Record Talk!!!'

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Nate Bosshard said:
    Record Turd Talk!!!'

It's funny how this thread wound it's way back to actually talking about records. I've been going through a lot of joints I haven't listened to in 10+ years. I still like a lot of that schitt. Tepid jazz funk haters be damned.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I too love Mancini, but today has been all about Steve Miller's Book of Dreams in its entirety. Shit yeah!

• Since this is a thread which started about another forum beef, I'll answer that by posting this thread about one of the releases we put out over at DKR -

http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40429

There are different gradations of hate-ism that go on in the reggae world, namely for us it's been the "oh no, you've ruined another tune by licensing it and putting it out again!!!"

Extra funny that this went on after an intelligent question about understanding the lyrics was posed . . .

Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Wow, I didn't even know digger-dudes had beef with Brendan. So from the mega-raers-flippin' game right now. But B was always real cool to me, FWIW.

I'd really love to know if this hatred and beef takes place in other collecting genres?

In my 30+ years experience dealing with vinyl I have seen a great deal of petty hate and jealousy on every level.

It's really the worst part of the hobby.