entertaining Salma Hayekness at waxidrome

Comments

• The_Non said:
    holmes said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Wow, I didn't even know digger-dudes had beef with Brendan. So from the mega-raers-flippin' game right now. But B was always real cool to me, FWIW.

I'd really love to know if this hatred and beef takes place in other collecting genres?

In my 30+ years experience dealing with vinyl I have seen a great deal of petty hate and jealousy on every level.

It's really the worst part of the hobby.
    it definitely exists in the classic motorcycle scene & vintage guitar scene, it's just jealousy over people having things that others want so it basically manifests itself into personal attacks to try to cut people down.
    It exists essentially in all hobbyist collecting forums I'd say. An ex gf is on a knitting website called Ravelry, and she's always amazed at how shitty and contentious people can get. About yarn. Patterns. KNITTNG. A site where a large portion of content is cats where knitted jester hats has the same anger that this and other sites have.

No joke! The knitting world is BRUTAL

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    bassie said:
    I can't remember my password to get into my account.

• LaserWolf said:
    bassie said:
    I can't remember my password to get into my account.

Tried searching your email for "waxidermy"? Maybe not everybody's email has a handy search feature, but this takes like three seconds for me when I forget it.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    The narcissism of small differences.

As long as there are a handful of people to complain about the decline of a message board, that message board is in business. I applaud both spots for lasting as long as they have--they're run correctly, and seem to actually be frequented by adults.

I've only ever lurked over there though. Seems way too nerdy. I'd rather pretend I'm still cool than give up altogether. Fedoras vs sweatpants LOLOL

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i post so infrequently on both sites, it's like i belong to neither!

• The best things since Timmy Digalots. The 800 word "explanation" has so many great lines it. And the phony ebay e-mail. Brilliant.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Should we have a greek games for record collector web sites:

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I've had only minimal dealings with Caverndiscos, none unpleasant or anything, but I remember lurking on WAX and listening to a podcast interview with him that someone posted. Yes, I had nothing better to do. Anyway, he spent like, a half hour talking about how vinyl dudes are inherently sad, hopeless cases because they only listen to 40 year old music and bid a lot of money on records and that's sad and pathetic too (huh?). Also, nobody except for him likes good Brasilian music, or something like that. I don't really care, but his condescending stance against the body collectro might not engender good will over there.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Also on Strut V. Wax: Both sites have good threads going all the time. Waxi's are obvious heavy on the record talk, but a lot of the threads over there (RR and NRR) are filled up with the same 4 or 5 guys leaving smug, terse, or snarky one liners about everything (talking huge Post Per Day ratios). I think the general discussion in an overall and diverse sense is still better here. This place was at its best when it was like, 40% hiphop jocks, 40% soft geeks, and like 20% laid back cool smug guys. The jocks and some of the cool smug guys are still here but it wouldn't hurt for some of the geeks to return or enlist.

button said:
    The jocks and some of the cool smug guys are still here but it wouldn't hurt for some of the geeks to return or enlist.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    all it takes is two white dudes for hip hop to be colour blind? why the fuck does hip hop need to be colour blind? what does that even mean?

bassie said:
    all it takes is two white dudes for hip hop to be colour blind? why the fuck does hip hop need to be colour blind? what does that even mean?

its VIBE - it dont matter......

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    excellent point - this is the same mag who did a sexed up fashion spread with Angela Davis as the inspiration.
    :NO:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    bassie said:
    excellent point - this is the same mag who did a sexed up fashion spread with Angela Davis as the inspiration.
    :NO:

i actually totally remember that... late 90's... black n white pix of models w/ afros giving the clenched fist and in handcuffs...

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I still haven't ever seen that vic juris record in the field.

• high_c said:
    I still haven't ever seen that vic juris record in the field.

me either

fuck, bro.

have you ever found the glen yarbrough with PYHITH?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Always checking for Soul in the Horn too.

• RAJ said:

send me your address for VG- copy that plays pretty well if you need one

• soooooo.... heard any good music recently?

i was digging this Tensheds - Crazy Beautiful album today, outta the UK: http://open.spotify.com/album/78wg6aZZQA7i1HtLX8EvCZ

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Why I come here.
    The favorite album of the moment.
    Weird records site don't party.
    Where is the token white dude Willie? Brunette - check, Blond -check.
    '

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You guys do realize that 70% of the regular posters on Waxidermy have been or are still frequent posters here don't you?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this thread makes me lol to remember the first few poasters on Waxidermy who weren't soul strut migrants. they would always be like "what the hell is this soul strut you guys always talk about??" cause for the first few months Waxidermy was pretty much 100% SS vets.

also funny and already mentioned is how everyone on waxi BITD would brag about how beef-free the board was, especially compared to the savages at soul strut. these days waxi is the saltiest board I know - so much so that a number of people have disappeared or at least dropped way out of sight on there - including Crink himself.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There is no beef as intense as PINA or SSW beef.

The_Hook_Up said:
    RAJ said:

send me your address for VG- copy that plays pretty well if you need one

Soul in the horn = hard filed.

in other news, recently a friend had to do an intervention on me, forcing me to get rid of all Henry Mancini titles.

"b, b, but... I swear there's a good track on Symphonic Soul somewhere."

Nah, there wasn't.

• high_c said:
    "b, b, but... I swear there's a good track on Symphonic Soul somewhere."

Nah, there wasn't.

ha!

i still rate this...

neil_something said:

i still rate this...

yo i heard a break! I honestly didn't know there was a break on that record.

I like how im sitting at working in late 2011, listing to henry mancini on youtube.

:

• for mancini for me it all about the "monkey farm"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/16444469-c5c

The_Hook_Up said:
    for mancini for me it all about the "monkey farm"
    http://www.divshare.com/download/16444469-c5c

Symphonic Fuzz

you know Eddie Powers "My Baby's Coming Home?"

• high_c said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    for mancini for me it all about the "monkey farm"