Name That Tune aka: Track ids

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central

the very first song playing and the blues sounding joint he drops at 1:24. I can't remember either of these!

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I don't know what it is, but it reminded me of Tarika Blue's "Dreamflower" and David T. Walker's "Never Can Say Goodbye". It's nice, though.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    The record label on the 'blues" track looks like Atlantic if that's any help....

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Craig said:
    The record label on the 'blues" track looks like Atlantic if that's any help....
    I had thought it was Wilson Pickett but couldn't figure it out.

As for the first song, I thought the label looked a bit like Dee-Lite, but it didn't come off as a Kool & The Gang song or something along those lines.

• that first song sounds like lonnie liston smith and the cosmic echoes but i can't quite place it...

• DeeRock said:

the very first song playing!

DeRobert and the Half Truths - Cop Cars and Taxis

• i saw this video in 95 or something and i always wondered what the first track with the crazy bass line is and the nasty break at around 1:45.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DeeRock said:

This is why rakkords will always top any serrato laptop sh*t. I bet there's some people in the crowd who aren't even into the music, but just enjoying the spectacle. Nobody is going to hang around and watch somebody selecting sound files on a laptop.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    The GED Soul guys have been pumping out quality material.. glad to see them getting some play.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    calkuta said:

i saw this video in 95 or something and i always wondered what the first track with the crazy bass line is and the nasty break at around 1:45.

New Heavenly Blue - 'New Heavenly Blue' on the Educated Homegrown LP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Heavenly-Blue-Educated-Homegrown-LP-Near-Mint-vinyl-/360412931726?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item53ea48e68e

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Struggling to embed Divshare here, but I've always wondered about this track from DJ Signifys "Signifyin breaks". Might very well be BobJamesCTIcommon, but I don't know it. It almost sounds Swedish to me, real melancholy electric piano niceness.

Signifyin Breaks - excerpt

• DJBombjack said:
    calkuta said:

i saw this video in 95 or something and i always wondered what the first track with the crazy bass line is and the nasty break at around 1:45.

New Heavenly Blue - 'New Heavenly Blue' on the Educated Homegrown LP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Heavenly-Blue-Educated-Homegrown-LP-Near-Mint-vinyl-/360412931726?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item53ea48e68e

thank you sir!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Cool! Anyone recognize the track on 3:00min?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    Struggling to embed Divshare here, but I've always wondered about this track from DJ Signifys "Signifyin breaks". Might very well be BobJamesCTIcommon, but I don't know it. It almost sounds Swedish to me, real melancholy electric piano niceness.

Pretty sure that's a Ramsey Lewis record, but I could be wrong. Definitely a dollar bin joint tho.

day said:
    Mjukis said:

Pretty sure that's a Ramsey Lewis record, but I could be wrong. Definitely a dollar bin joint tho.

Sounds likely. I've stopped picking up stuff like that, need to get back to it!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    leftright said:
    DeeRock said:

hey.... thanks for the nod in this direction. just copped this. great track.

• olsunolsun 35 Posts
    first video, track at 1:24 = Mike Williams - Lonely Soldier

• day said:
    Mjukis said:

its "hummingbird" (which wasnt on youtube unfortunately) off this record:

Ramsey Rulezzz!!!
    signifyin breaks is a perfect mix

• olsun said:
    first video, track at 1:24 = Mike Williams - Lonely Soldier

which turned into Biz "kung fu" sampled and interpolated to perfection

tripledouble said:
    day said:
    Mjukis said:

its "hummingbird" (which wasnt on youtube unfortunately) off this record:

Ramsey Rulezzz!!!
    signifyin breaks is a perfect mix

Good looking out! Yeah, it really is. Still holds up well.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    leftright said:
    DeeRock said:

:feelin_it: :hard_as_fuck: :raw:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• :beerbang:
    Thanks for the heads up on some good tunes Strut!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think this is the first track ID I've posted! I've hit the wall with this though - any help is greatly appreciated.

The female vocal sample - can anyone please help? I think it's a Bay area side?

Thank You.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    O.V. Wright, "I Don't Know Why" - amazing song. I really like that Young Gully tune too.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Ah , yes that famous female vocalist OV Wright! :/

Thank You!!