BLACK MIRROR

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Here's a look 'behind the scenes', mainly of the making of 15 Million Merits - http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2011/december/behind-the-scenes-of-black-mirror

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    not available in the U.S. >:(

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Breez said:

Mmm, that's shitty. Black Mirror, only 3 episodes deep, is easily the best thing I've seen on tv in 2011.

• Duderonomy said:
    Breez said:

Mmm, that's shitty. Black Mirror, only 3 episodes deep, is easily the best thing I've seen on tv in 2011.

The third episode is head and shoulders above the others.

Jesse Armstrong > Charlie Brooker

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man that third episode
    in honor of my enjoyment of this series i will not make any euroman rap jokes for a month

• thanks for the heads up will seek it on the torrent sites

Brian said:
    man that third episode

Man it was dark. But, when it ended, me and my housemate were both gutted that it finished there, even though it was daaark.
    Grain = Facebook?
    I know that's a massive simplification, but still wondering about that episode. Maybe more a look at the human condition. Unfortunately in real life you can't just SPOILER like he did. Fusking dark. Some guy on another forum (NO, not THAT one) said he was watching with his bird, and it made for very uncomfortable viewing. All I know is Jesse Armstong needs to write more stuff.

in honor of my enjoyment of this series i will not make any euroman rap jokes for a month

Too kind

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Brian said:
    man that third episode

Man it was dark. But, when it ended, me and my housemate were both gutted that it finished there, even though it was daaark.
    Grain = Facebook?
    I know that's a massive simplification, but still wondering about that episode. Maybe more a look at the human condition. Unfortunately in real life you can't just SPOILER like he did. Fusking dark. Some guy on another forum (NO, not THAT one) said he was watching with his bird, and it made for very uncomfortable viewing. All I know is Jesse Armstong needs to write more stuff.
    Haha, I watched that with my girl right after she was tripping over me and some other girl (no cheating) over the weekend. She left the room during select segments of the show...

Too kind :)It's about all I have to offer.

• Thanks for the heads up. I always liked this sort of thing where the episodes are only loosely connected . The second one wasn't too imaginative, but still very poignant. The third one I liked best. Is this the dude who writes for Peep Show? Night and day.

• my bad yo,

awesome show.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    First episode was intense, second was cool but hard to watch (which is odd considering how often my face is buried in a screen) and the third was incredible. I'm a sucker for dark, twisted, sad, hard-to-watch relationship stories. This, Eternal Sunshine..., that scene with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts in Closer...I love that sh*t. Weird, I know. Good thing I read this thread first so I'd know to watch it alone.

Thanks for putting me up on this show, Duderonomy! I look forward to more.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Loved the first one. It had me laughing quite a bit, but I am sure a lot of it was due to discomfort. I was reminded of how I felt during 13 Tzameti. The Black Mirror episode just didn't make me feel as nauseous.

The second one was OK while I was watching it. It was less about the story with this one and much more about the claustrophobia it created. The lead actor's physicality was perfect. Dude was defeated resignation defined. I caught a glimpse of some Japanese animation today that transported me into their bedrooms right away. Definitely made an impression even though I thought it was a little lite while watching it.

I am holding out on the last one.

Hurrah Soul Strut! Thank You for the tip!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    third of the 1st series is the best. it's already been optioned by robert downey jr to make a movie out of. (bleh)

third of the 2nd series is one of the worst eps of television i've ever seen.

• SIRUS said:
    third of the 1st series is the best. it's already been optioned by robert downey jr to make a movie out of. (bleh)

THIRD EPISODE IS WHAT MAKES THIS SHOW.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    SIRUS said:

of the second series???

• SIRUS said:
    vintageinfants said:
    SIRUS said:

of the second series???

no. season one.

it was surgical with it's writing and acting.

now I feel like I'm on the show reading those last posts.

how many seasons are there and are there only three episodes per season?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    there are 2 seasons, three eps each.

thank you!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Purdy ladies on this second season too.

• Hadn't seen that before thanks for the link. Within the first 10 minutes I thought it was very similar to The Thick Of It (probably my favourite programme) then two of the best characters from the series' came on to the scene in the recording studio.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    Found series two a disappointment.
    All episodes had potential but somehow fucked it up.
    The leading ladies were all hotties though

Some nice ideas that didn't take the same dark turn as the first series.
    I think White Bear was probably the best one from II, and it wasn't as good as any of series I.

Still, Utopia made up for any disappointment.

• Just watched all of series 1. The third was definatley the best. Second was ok but dragged a bit, I suppose that was partly deliberate.

S1E3 definitely lived up to the hype - we stopped it five times to talk about it lol
    But I think I liked #1 best...way more of a mindf*ck for me.

SPOILER

Just finished S2E1...and I agree with the comment above, for this episode anyway; off to a great start and then something fizzled out. Seems like her screaming at the cliff would have sufficed as an ending.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    out of S2 i think the first ep is the best. i didn't mind the ending of that one, just wish the world was fleshed out a little more.

Great point, maybe that's what felt so thin about it. It felt like so many French suspense/horror films before it, too. I kept expecting him to go HAL 9000 on her.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    SPOILER:

i didn't understand how people wouldn't know about this tech? maybe the phone thing, which i felt they could have made a ep just exploring that premise, but bots of loved ones? they could have easily solved it by showing a quick passage of time before they introduce the robot concept.

MORE SPOILERS!

Yea! And somewhat related to that, I know they had her teetering between clear thinking and down the rabbit hole, but the parental visitations in the attic seemed out of character for her, the story, all of it. I guess they felt like they had to address the pregnancy, but they didn't.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    MOOOORE SPOILERS:

yes. she understood it wasn't him, to the point of putting him out the house. wouldn't it be more painful to keep this thing around? and couldn't she just call the company to come and take him away? they must have a contingency plan for that sort of thing. it seems ridic not to. i still enjoyed it. compared to ep 3 of season 2 it's moliere.