entertaining Salma Hayekness at waxidrome

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I've been strutting for 10 years now! I like the hate and beef threads. I miss the obscure record talk and new discoveries. People don't trade anymore, I miss that. A lot of the OG's got old and noobs came along. That's the circle of life. Peeps need to come to terms with that.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I have two fucking kids now! What the hell happened to us?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    NateBizzo said:
    I have two fucking kids now! What the hell happened to us?

Yeah man... your new name should be Nate Donezo %-P

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    dakar said:
    hey,
    i had one issue with him years ago that had some similarities to aleit's case, albeit on a much, much smaller scale.

I like what you did there: Aleit/albeit.

This Mike S. guy sounds like a real winner, and looks as if he is/was touring with DJ Harvey? Oof. I can't celebrate that.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    day said:
    SportCasual said:
    The fact that this and the CavernDiscos eulogy both happened on waxidermy and not here speaks volumes. Is it really a wrap?
    :hi:

Hmmm... just read that CavernDiscos thread. Interesting.

Waxidermy gives me the creeps like a clammy mandshake, so I don't check over there. I had no idea B****** was involved in some culling-from-the-pack bullshit. please to link to thread?

• tripledouble said:
    what does need to happen: more set sales plaese

more killer sets + charity auctions and SS will continue to pop off. dudes need to work on their branding though, i'm not checking for the FAYGOstore, or the other way it could be misread.

• herbacios tweed said:
    tripledouble said:
    dudes need to work on their branding though, i'm not checking for the FAYGOstore, or the other way it could be misread.
    hahaha...i been waiting for someone to comment on that. prohomo and all, but that is an interesting choice of acronym.

dakar...good to see you guys at the PRflea. soulstrut needs you to bring back the epic weekend finds posts! in a class with rockadelic and karlophone.

bigstacks....we see youre busy kissing them stingrays.

i'll put a setsale up in mid january if i can get my school work done.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    day said:
    SportCasual said:
    The fact that this and the CavernDiscos eulogy both happened on waxidermy and not here speaks volumes. Is it really a wrap?
    :hi:

Hmmm... just read that CavernDiscos thread. Interesting.

Waxidermy gives me the creeps like a clammy mandshake, so I don't check over there. I had no idea B****** was involved in some culling-from-the-pack bullshit. please to link to thread?

There are some truly good people at Waxidermy, many who I miss interacting with and some that I consider close friends.

The record discussion there is the best I've ever seen.

But the filled with hate clammy mandshake living in Mommy's basement with serious Daddy issues and sub-human social skills ratio is above comfortable.

And yeah.......I'll do a Set Sale in January too

• Fwiw,
    Brendan is no longer with or affiliated in any way shape or form with Piecelock, pl70.net or the pl70 co-op group of artists.

Also, supposed "record collectors" hating on a group of artists getting together to pool resources and put out private press records is beyond suspect.

• dakar said:
    i don't even have an account on waxidermy,
    you should get one.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Sweet Jesus. They're watching me.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Wow, I didn't even know digger-dudes had beef with Brendan. So from the mega-raers-flippin' game right now. But B was always real cool to me, FWIW.

• tripledouble said:

I miss this site, like, every day: http://www.smalltimehustle.com/ :shocked:

• oh jesus. why is that still up

DJ_Enki said:
    Wow, I didn't even know digger-dudes had beef with Brendan. So from the mega-raers-flippin' game right now. But B was always real cool to me, FWIW.

I'd really love to know if this hatred and beef takes place in other collecting genres?

In my 30+ years experience dealing with vinyl I have seen a great deal of petty hate and jealousy on every level.

It's really the worst part of the hobby.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Should we have a greek games for record collector web sites:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

I'd really love to know if this hatred and beef takes place in other collecting genres?

In my 30+ years experience dealing with vinyl I have seen a great deal of petty hate and jealousy on every level.

I bet the My Little Pony forums are bubbling cauldrons of bile.

• SportCasual said:

Don't hate the Sayre, hate the game

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Rich45s said:
    SportCasual said:

Don't hate the Sayre, hate the game

Awesome! See, this shit should be fun.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm happy to see Soul Hawk is alive and well.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

it definitely exists in the classic motorcycle scene & vintage guitar scene, it's just jealousy over people having things that others want so it basically manifests itself into personal attacks to try to cut people down.
    The thread about Brendan was shit, made me sad to read it, I don't think he deserved that. I miss the record talk on SS, the record talk on Waxidermy seems way stronger these days but as someone else said, with more new registrations & as the older crew inevitably move on it will all dilute too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    tripledouble said:

bigstacks....we see youre busy kissing them stingrays.

Hey T,

I see you have jokes :lol:. Stingrays need love too! It's funny that we're discussing a desire for more record talk as I have bought a shitload of records over the last year or two. I guess with all my competing work demands, I've been too lazy to post/photograph my finds. I've tried to compensate by offering mixes of stuff I've found, have, or re-discovered going through my disorganized avalanche of records in my music room. I'll try to step my game up on here in 2012. I guess us 'old heads' need to swoop in and save the day. ;-) :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• tripledouble said:
    oh jesus. why is that still up

Classics page will self destruct never, bro.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Strictly for the benefit of one particular asshole.

Recognizing and identifying someone as an asshole is not the same as being an asshole.

Just like having deep seeded emotional problems is not the same as projecting them on to others.

Thank you......carry on.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Most of my friends have left for Waxidermy.
    I think I'm too aggro for the place + what DB said + I can't remember my password to get into my account.
    As annoying as it gets, I like the rap talk here.
    It's cool to look at Waxidermy, but it doesn't inspire participation like this place does.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Waxidermy is for dorks.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    holmes said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

it definitely exists in the classic motorcycle scene & vintage guitar scene, it's just jealousy over people having things that others want so it basically manifests itself into personal attacks to try to cut people down.
    It exists essentially in all hobbyist collecting forums I'd say. An ex gf is on a knitting website called Ravelry, and she's always amazed at how shitty and contentious people can get. About yarn. Patterns. KNITTNG. A site where a large portion of content is cats where knitted jester hats has the same anger that this and other sites have.