Favorite Versions of "Always There"

facesdfacesd 236 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
This song puts a huge smile on my face every time. Especially the vocal versions... such a great song. What are some of your favorite versions? Any obscure ones out there? I heard one on a KON mix recently that left me scratching my head:

Comments

• Funny you post this. I just ripped the Laws version for an upcoming gig and have been listening to all 3 for the past 2 weeks now. Yeah, what are some other versions?

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    I'm partial to the Willie Bobo version.

Does anyone know the story with the PD Allen Trio version??? It was on an EP of Always There covers but I haven't been able to find any info on it...

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    Funny you post this. I just ripped the Laws version for an upcoming gig and have been listening to all 3 for the past 2 weeks now. Yeah, what are some other versions?

Gaff,

This Kon mix at 15:00ish has a great edit...... not sure of the source. Great mix to check out regardless of the Always There version:

http://www.vocalo.org/blogs/archive/201110/friday-night-dj-series-102811-meet-collective

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    There are possibly hundreds of Incognito remixes of this track.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Oh and... :oh_my:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    facesd said:
    The-gaffler said:
    Funny you post this. I just ripped the Laws version for an upcoming gig and have been listening to all 3 for the past 2 weeks now. Yeah, what are some other versions?

Gaff,

This Kon mix at 15:00ish has a great edit...... not sure of the source. Great mix to check out regardless of the Always There version:

http://www.vocalo.org/blogs/archive/201110/friday-night-dj-series-102811-meet-collective

Does someone have a good DL link for this Kon mix? I can't get this link to work and I really want to DL this.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    There's the Wood, Brass and Steel version

I remember there was a recently made, by-the-numbers smooth guitar jazz version which was given some air play last year

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Side Effect all day

• Side Effect = 1
    Wood Brass = 2

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• SportCasual said:
    Oh and... :oh_my:

as artists we are subject to critique daily.

my 2 cents
    no diss at all, as its done well... but when using multis, this is exactly what i stay far far away from.
    this now sounds like some uk version circa 91'

i was trying to do legit releases with some of the stax/fantasy stuff.... but its been thwarted.

timberlands when it snows.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:

as artists we .....

You lost me already :coolsmile:

• Anyone heard this: Paz "Always There" LP

curious if its a version...

• SportCasual said:
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:

as artists we .....

You lost me already :coolsmile:

now that..... was an artsy reply.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    For me, an artist is someone who can produce something that does not suck and also does not have copyright issues because the artist created it. End of story. I can do one or the other, sometimes neither, not both.

But I am personally more into crafts. So I encourage you to keep up with your #konmultis ;)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    side effect