December Finds

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Some long-time wants crossed off the list courtesy of the Beatswapmeet in LA. George Kerr and Art Ensemble of Chicago were mail box finds.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Treehouse said:

Harlem River Drive - Roulette
    Silver Apples - Kapp
    Eternity's Childred - Tower
    Art Ensemble of Chicago - Les Stances A Sophie - Nessa
    Eddie Palmieri - Sentido - Mango (read the waxpoetics article and what do you know!)
    Purple Image - Map City (Finally!)
    Truth - People
    Chet Ginger Baker Airforce 2 - Atco

fixed

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• rey you mess with old Iris Chacon LPs?
    i missed out on this one. would love to hear it:

i ride for eso:

tripledouble said:
    rey you mess with old Iris Chacon LPs?

i ride for eso:
    I haven't heard any of her stuff--only know her from her sexy album covers. I'll check out her earlier LPs

• yeah she was looking good for a minute before the makeup became a majority of her face.
    her booty looks like its got a mind of its own on the top cover

on her self titled cover she belts out a pretty top notch version of "yo te nombro" a latin american revolutionary standard.

• Reynaldo said:
    tripledouble said:
    rey you mess with old Iris Chacon LPs?

i ride for eso:
    I haven't heard any of her stuff--only know her from her sexy album covers. I'll check out her earlier LPs

Don't bother, they're all uniformly bad. You didn't miss out on anything trpldbl

• yo! i kinda like the LP on the bottom. at least "yo te nombro" is great.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

First of 3 boxes of these landed today.....

• Rockadelic, Please explain!

Treehouse said:
    Rockadelic, Please explain!

Went to NY last week to visit my folks and NOT dig for records.....saw a Craigslist ad and wound up buying close to 400 Hatian LP's for $200.....shipped them back to Texas and the first box arrived at my P.O. this weekend.

• BowlsBowls 28 Posts
    I'm on little-dude status, but I was wondering who else on the Strut had a copy of this. Not much info on the net.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/2efjrmf.jpg

Funky soul out of Saginaw. Best 75 cents I've spent in a long time.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Treehouse said:
    Rockadelic, Please explain!

Went to NY last week to visit my folks and NOT dig for records.....saw a Craigslist ad and wound up buying close to 400 Hatian LP's for $200.....shipped them back to Texas and the first box arrived at my P.O. this weekend.

the shleu shleu and some of those bossa combo are good
    i am glad you posted them because i was very curious
    please to post more as boxes arrive

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

I kept the Synthese for one really moody electonic track (not the baggy panty cover)
    The one to the left of that for the C3P0 head fake helmet at the back of course. Although it also has 40 secs of cosmic intro that is pretty good.
    Sell me the Exile One.

• Bigfoot - Winro Records
    Jimmy McGriff - Electric Funk - Bluenote
    Gale Garnett and the Gentle Rain - An Audience with the King of Wands - Columbia
    Savage Resurrection - Mercury
    Mongo Santamaria - Feelin' Alright
    Homemade with TEAC

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

El Paso antique mall finds

The 12's are Christmas at Luke's Sex Shop WLP, and Tic and Toc "Hey Jay". The Blackbyrds is a Korean pressing. There was a small collection of Korean pressing soul records at this place but all of them but this one were thrashed.

Doh! That sucks.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    billbradley said:

El Paso antique mall finds

The 12's are Christmas at Luke's Sex Shop WLP, and Tic and Toc "Hey Jay". The Blackbyrds is a Korean pressing. There was a small collection of Korean pressing soul records at this place but all of them but this one were thrashed.

Road Music - awful music but what a great rack :-P

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Another one of my pitiful showings. I usually pull two or three semi-raers, not this time. Not shown : Giorgio - Son Of My Father, Idris Muhammed - Turn This Mutha Out, The Art Of Noise - Into Battle..... The Electric Prunes - Release Of An Oath, Buddy Rich And Alla Rahka - Rich A la Rakha.
    Attached files

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Ace packing job!
    aka
    Damnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    aka
    UPS special handling?

Breez said:

Road Music - awful music but what a great rack :-P

She's wearing short shorts and a tank top but it must have been cold outside ;)

• mannn, salivating over all those haitian records...

i've got a few of them, love them all. i don't think that D.P. Express - David record is an expensive raer, but i really like it, great energy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Perhaps the Haitian raers market is a genre set to explode.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

synthesizer hits on the pink elephant label has ill moog versions of 'apache' and Gershon Kingsleys 'hey hey',
    plus these ??? french stylings on the other two ???

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this weeks finds:

some other recents: