Moog/ARP lines

arXarX 12 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
I've been obsessing over those distinctive synthesiser leads used in the style of P-Funk, Stevie, Isley Brothers, R. Kelly etc., one classic example being Isleys' For The Love of You.

Spent hours trying (and failing) to recreate this harmonious use of the Moog by Bobby Ross Avila:

Janet Jackson - Spending Time With You

param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=1&soundFile=http://www.box.com/shared/static/i5lxeqk0054ip5qvqk16.mp3
">

Share your favs and classics (and if you could help out with how to go about recreating them that would be much appreciated).

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• check out dick hyman's insane moog solo towards the midlle..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Not lead though

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    this came to mind

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

The OG schitt........

SO many songs we could post. SO many classic vintage keyboards on joints back then!

Oberheims, Arps, Sequential Circuits Prophets, Moogs, Korg Polys, Roland Junos, etc.

All the Stevie Wonder albums from the early 70s to the early 80s had lots of this stuff. Zapp, Mtume, Bernard Wright, etc... I could go on all night.

Dre and them were nice on the Moog. I used to play this all the time on my Moog Prodigy....

• Synth greatness

• I always loved the line in kool and the gangs summer madness.

Far from complex but it just helps the mood of the track.

I think I read it was done on arp oddessey. I know i spent hours trying to get as close a sound as possible on a sci pro one and some outboard processing. Came very very close.

• UPP "give it to you"
    The end of the track. Totally crazy.
    Pretty sure it's a moog. Should read the back cover of the LP but too drunk to
    look for it in my expedit.