Unreleased Hendrix Pics on Pawn Stars

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
One of the new episodes of Pawn Stars "Looney Dunes" has the store coming across Hendrix's personal photographer who was selling some never seen before, unreleased shots of Hendrix that were just mind blowing. I'm talking fantastic photographs. Black and whites, colors, some with effects.

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    sounds cool

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Unfortunately, the episode is not up on the internet yet and I can't find any pictures on line either.

• I still don't understand how people besides crackheads are going to pawnshops to sell their valuable ass shit. I know being able to appear on TV is an incentive for some but damn...

• cloud9 said:
    I still don't understand how people besides crackheads are going to pawnshops to sell their valuable ass shit. I know being able to appear on TV is an incentive for some but damn...

Las Vegas Strip.

Anyway, the actual show is completely screened/staged from what I understand.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    highscheme said:

Las Vegas Strip.

This. Everything and everyone who appears on that show is set up. What did they value the pics at, just out of curiosity?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    asstro said:
    highscheme said:

Las Vegas Strip.

This. Everything and everyone who appears on that show is set up. What did they value the pics at, just out of curiosity?

He bought them for 15 grand.

Pawn Stars as fun as it is to watch is total fiction.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's sad that the Chapelle Show isn't around to make a spoof of pawn stars with tyrone

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    This crap is the highest rated show on cable when the episodes are running. The awful storage unit shows get killer ratings for lousy set-up storage wars.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    A good hint that it's staged is the mic on the guys approaching
    There is a bit of producing involved in making these shows

B/W
    ::shameless self-promotion:: The auction show I produced is airing tonight in ABC tune in at 10pm

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-great-big-american-auction

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I am working on a show that features the guy who plants rare items in storage lockers before they are coincidentally discovered on shows like Auction Hunters or Storage Wars: Dallas.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    motown67 said:
    One of the new episodes of Pawn Stars "Looney Dunes" has the store coming across Hendrix's personal photographer who was selling some never seen before, unreleased shots of Hendrix that were just mind blowing. I'm talking fantastic photographs. Black and whites, colors, some with effects.
    I know someone with raer unpublished Hendrix photos. Perhaps I should forward this info to him and he can go to Las Vegas and be famous too.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I recently passed on an album of unpublished Rolling Stones photos.
    I think there are enough Stones photos as it is.
    She also had several albums of ticket stubs.
    And another of promo photos.

I thought they might be worth a few dollars, she thought they were worth many dollars.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

I thought they might be worth a few dollars, she thought they were worth many dollars.
    I sold a ticket stub for Led Zeppelin MSG 1970 for 80 bucks. It had tape residue on it and the Led Zeppelin wasn't intact. I say if her price was mildly affordable, you should prolly call her back and get that shit.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The_Non said:
    LaserWolf said:

I sold a ticket stub for Led Zeppelin MSG 1970 for 80 bucks. It had tape residue on it and the Led Zeppelin wasn't intact. I say if her price was mildly affordable, you should prolly call her back and get that shit.

Nah, LZ MSG 70 is much better than Who Portland Paramount 82 and infinitely better than 38 Special PP 79.