Weed Wars

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
This is quickly becoming my new favorite show:

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    thought the first episode was ok but it seemed like the people running the dispensary were retards.

• "It reminds us why we're here"

YES

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    thrope said:
    the people running the dispensary were retards.

This is what makes the show great.

• going to be checkin this out tonight. as an ex-patient of california dispensaries i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

• what was so retarded? seemed like a well run operation to me. i mean the main dude at the counter said he smoked an eighth a day, so im not expecting him to have soulstrut level sharp wit...but he seemed competent to me. have my standards of professionalism gone down?
    the customers were entertaining..."i have real bad insomnia" he says with a shit eating grin

• Also on the topic of dispensaries, looks like our favourite edgy family counselor, Montel Williams is trying to open one within walking distance [while not stoned] from my house!

"It's a facility to provide medication to patients,??? said applicant and former talk show host Montel Williams. ???This isn't some place for people to run out and get high."

Williams wants to set up a dispensary on Columbia Road in Adam's Morgan. He's also applied for two cultivation center licenses in a building on Queens Chapel Road in Northeast, which he said will create jobs and improve the neighborhood.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Prospective-Medical-Marijuana-Dispensary-Locations-Revealed-134933443.html

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    what was so retarded? seemed like a well run operation to me. i mean the main dude at the counter said he smoked an eighth a day, so im not expecting him to have soulstrut level sharp wit...but he seemed competent to me. have my standards of professionalism gone down?
    the customers were entertaining..."i have real bad insomnia" he says with a shit eating grin

i found all of their interactions with the city council to be embarassing. but the show is also pulling reality tv tricks left and right already. those dudes definitely knew they were getting a payment plan, but acted like it was the end of the world for a whole 10 minutes.

• tripledouble said:
    i found all of their interactions with the city council to be embarassing. but the show is also pulling reality tv tricks left and right already. those dudes definitely knew they were getting a payment plan, but acted like it was the end of the world for a whole 10 minutes.

exactly. it's cool that this show and dispensary is trying to get a good word out there for marijuana but reality shows will always be fake as hell as long as they're being run on these big channels. more than half the shit in that episode was made up i'm sure. it was a very dramatic episode. i hope they show some of the brighter sides of pot in the next one.

oh and that brother of the owner is definitely smoking pot to "get high". that guys a joke but i think he'll make the show fun.

• Just watched the first episode on youtube - hilarious!

My favourite bit was where the boss was running late to give his speech at the conference and stopped off for some edibles because it was stressing him that he was late.

'Retards' is a bit harsh. They're just long-time stoners edited to look even worse than they are. Obviously someone is pretty competent if they could set up such a professional operation.

• i was just going by what i saw on the trailers. didnt see too much retardation there. but if youre smoking an eighth a day, youre gonna show some signs of it