What's The Most You've Paid For A Concert

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
Was telling a young dude at work today that my first show was Led Zeppelin and the show and a t-shirt was less than $10.00 total.

He paid $150 to see Coldplay.

What is the most you have paid to see a show.

Comments

• i shelled out a hundo for a ticket to see leonard cohen but that man is a legend with an amazing catalogue, he barely tours and he is aged.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    $50 a ticket to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live with the kiddos this Sunday.

• billbradley said:

Follow the Oski Bugs!

• i bought 2 tickets to see prince on my birthday back in 2004 (i think it was), $75 a pop. a bargain at twice the price. it was my birthday, it was in the twin cities, maceo parker did a tribute to ray charles and the time opened the show. on top of that my blind date was with a gal that used to date prince in the early/mid 80s and we ended up together for a year and a half.

• not counting symphony tickets or anything, it was probably Leonard Cohen @ $120

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Stevie Wonder-first date of his tour here 5 years ago-2 tix 5th row center-$125 each-two words-WORTH IT!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Probably Prince @ $80. Well worth it.

• Tom Waits around Real Gone and Orphans in maybe 2006-ish. Tickets
    were $115 a pop, but I was living in Louisville and he hadn't been through
    since the early 70s. Dope show and well worth the price.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    110 for floor springsteen tickets, i don't think it was worth it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    around $150 for BB King & James Brown (2 different shows). James Brown was worth it, BB King was not.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $275 for Coachella 2004, but I got to see Kraftwerk, Radiohead, The Cure, and Pixies.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I paid $85 to see U2 in 97 and they were the shittiest seats in the phuggin' world.

Paid about $50 to see Radiohead after Kid A and Amnesiac dropped at the George. Prob one of the best concerts I've ever gone to.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I paid 70 to see Michael Franks once. It was for a cancer benefit at a hospital in Orange County. It was cool because he played for only about 40-50 people. I got some weird looks though. (probably because I reeked of pot) I think I was the only one there who wasn't a doctor/doctors wife.

So yeah I paid 70 to see some dude close his eyes, hug himself, and shake that little shaker thing he loves so much. Worth it.

• 50euro for a scalped ticket to see Bjork.

• Although, I might beat that as I just learned that Slayer, Sleep and the Melvins are on the same bill together in London in May. The 3 greatest heavy rock bands of the last 25 years at one show? Ok.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I don't think I've ever dropped more than $25 but my boss bought myself and a coworker $150/pop Neil Young tickets as a bonus back in April. As Neil was in solid form and Bert Jansch opened just a few months before he passed, I feel very lucky; never would've dropped that much cash for that show myself.

• I paid $150 to see Levon Helm at his own house in Woodstock NY; it's known as the Midnight Ramble. It was BYOB and parking was free. It was worth every penny and I intend on returning every year that he continues to do it.

More info about it here: http://www.levonhelm.com/midnight_ramble.htm

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HomeChoppingNetwork said:
    I paid $150 to see Levon Helm at his own house in Woodstock NY; it's known as the Midnight Ramble. It was BYOB and parking was free. It was worth every penny and I intend on returning every year that he continues to do it.

More info about it here: http://www.levonhelm.com/midnight_ramble.htm

I'd like to go to this.

• Reynaldo said:
    $275 for Coachella 2004, but I got to see Kraftwerk, Radiohead, The Cure, and Pixies.

i was there too. what an amazing lineup. practically cried when the pixies started playing "Caribou" to start their 1st (US) show in 10+ years.... (oh and dont forget bauhaus with peter murphy hanging in bat formation for the 1st song!)

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    billbradley said:

THIS!!! Lance Rock tryin to break a Mfer. $250 for my fam of four.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    dirty said:
    billbradley said:

THIS!!! Lance Rock tryin to break a Mfer. $250 for my fam of four.

The show was awesome. I wish I had paid for the meet and greet and gotten to talk to Biz about how funny the legend of the no bells mardi gras was.