Thanksgiving Week Finds

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
too lazy to go back and find the November Finds thread.

Most of these were from the Buena Park Record Swap

found this at a thrift and figured it might be worth a buck, turns out to the first actual audiophile LP created
http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Default.aspx?ctl00$SearchKey=sheffield+lab&SortKey=3&SearchPageTB=1&OldSearchKey=sheffield+AND+lab&TotalPages=26&x=40&y=11

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Misty roses is my favorite song from that Colin Blunstone album. Great strings. Good find.

- Diego

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    was away on tour with my band for the last 2 1/2 months. Texas welcomed me back with open arms. it's good to be back...

Port Authority is sealed

first clean copy of "There It Is" i've owned

some weird mod i don't know to categorize it acetate

45 acetate version of a song that was never released on 45. apparently it is on an album called Soul Finders or Soul Pretenders?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nope....no records in Texas......nice C.

forgot to mention 3 of the last 45s were actually found while i was staying in NY. but yea, still, no records in TX...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Guzzo said:

found this at a thrift and figured it might be worth a buck, turns out to the first actual audiophile LP created
    http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Default.aspx?ctl00$SearchKey=sheffield+lab&SortKey=3&SearchPageTB=1&OldSearchKey=sheffield+AND+lab&TotalPages=26&x=40&y=11

excuse me for asking, but is this not the one with chair sitting dude on the cover, gatefold, has a drum break also, recall that pic with the audio cutting machine is actually the back side of the cover.. i might be mistaking (?)

picked this up

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    behemoth said:

45 acetate version of a song that was never released on 45. apparently it is on an album called Soul Finders or Soul Pretenders?

this record:

http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/Soul-Finders-LP-Soul-Man-1968-Soul-Expoitation-/230599756795

track sounds better on acetate than RCA flexi-LP.

• was away on tour with my band for the last 2 1/2 months. Texas welcomed me back with open arms. it's good to be back...

There's a Jet Set 45 on Rojac / Tayster called "The Mojo Man" / "It's Not The End" from 1969. It's the same group as Master Four.

behemoth said:
    was away on tour with my band for the last 2 1/2 months. Texas welcomed me back with open arms. it's good to be back...

There's a Jet Set 45 on Rojac / Tayster called "The Mojo Man" / "It's Not The End" from 1969. It's the same group as Master Four.

Title of the song is actually Jet Set.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    Guzzo said:

excuse me for asking, but is this not the one with chair sitting dude on the cover, gatefold, has a drum break also, recall that pic with the audio cutting machine is actually the back side of the cover.. i might be mistaking (?)

The one your referring to is vol. 3 with Lincoln Mayorga. This is the first one. The story is they only pressed 1000 copies of this and issued them to stores with high end stereo equiptment to display what direct-to-disc could sound like. Because it was the first audiophile/ direct LP it instantly became a collectors item.

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    upskiboo said:

different Sheffield Lab LP... likely a different shot of the same lathe.

Guzzo said:
    upskiboo said:
    Guzzo said:

The one your referring to is vol. 3 with Lincoln Mayorga. This is the first one. The story is they only pressed 1000 copies of this and issued them to stores with high end stereo equiptment to display what direct-to-disc could sound like. Because it was the first audiophile/ direct LP it instantly became a collectors item.

wow, ok thanks for the info, and yeah, does look like the same location, wooded wall and the curtain back drop

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Really glad to have picked up this 12"...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• picked up a few cool 45s

• Guzzo said:
    upskiboo said:
    Guzzo said:

I think its Volume II he's referring to...with the braek on side 2

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Bought a small collection of 80 or so records yesterday. My wife loves Joy Division, The Smiths, and Echo and the Bunnymen so she was super happy about it and wants to file a bunch of them. I guess that is a good thing. Here are a few of them...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Lots of records coming in this last week.
    Here are a few

• Found these sealed while stopping off at a spot on my way home from dropping off the dry cleaning (Ann Sexton is a double, so if interested, holleur)