New 45 Box with autograph's trading cards etc.

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Not sure if this is the right place to be posting about this so if you feel otherwise I sincerely apologize. This is my latest project and i'm pretty stoked about it.

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/646-wheedles-groove-seattles-finest-in-funk-soul-19651979-limited-edition-45s-box-set

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Real nice. Congrats.

• I have one with my name on it coming into my local shop. Can't wait!

• i would love to order one but the LIA website doesn't have a preorder option anywhere. help.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    it says "preorder after Nov. 25th" so I don't think it's an option yet.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    looks killer, congrats.

• what is the price now that I'm up to speed on the pre- order date?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    $49.99

• leonleon 883 Posts
    This is also a Record Day special, right? Looking forward to it!

just ordered from the LITA website......

• I picked up my copy a wee bit early. Fantastic collection. Great range of songs and the packaging is deluxe. I'll be spinning a few of these at my post-Thanksgiving funk 45 night tonight to be sure.

Great work!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    holmes said:
    just ordered from the LITA website......

+1.

Can't wait!

• just placed my order as well....the ten 45's included are just insane...

• Came in the mail yesterday and got to enjoy the packaging, but when i finally got a chance to listen today, the main 45 I wanted, Cookin' Bag, has a way off-center hole which renders it unslistenable. :(

Were all the pressings like this or did I get a bad one?

• Fantastic box set. I love the extras.

My copy of Unfinished Business from this box set was pressed wrong. I emailed LITA and they said they're getting a couple of hundred extra copies of each one of these to replace any mistakes. Get in touch with them.

that's disappointing, who pressed them up?

• Sent LITA an email and they are going to send a replacement. That's good customer service!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Just wanted to report back that I received mine in the mail today (1881/2000), with no issues.

I'm really impressed with the packaging, book, pictures, cards, etc. and absolutely love the magnetic top 45s box.

All the cuts are great, but the real standouts for me are Woody Carr's "Peace Song", Acapulco Gold "Funky Feeling", Seattle Pure Dynamite "I Wonder Love", Unfinished Business "Holding On", Priceless "Love In Your Life" (prolly my favorite in the set).

This is some of the best money I've spent on records in a while. Dee Rock and the LITA crew did an amazing job on this. Folls seriously need to grab this if it isn't too late.

Kindly,
    parallax

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Got mine, plus one for sale if you are in Portland.

still waiting here............
    local shop ordered after me & have it already........

• looks to good to pass up. i copped

• still waiting on mine, feeling terribly impatient though...

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    double...

just got my boxset a few days ago, the packaging was intense (like bombproof-r) nicely put together!

mine is 1618 of 2000