LOOKING FOR J DILLA SAMPLES

CLEAN&JERK;CLEAN&JERK; 7 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone know what samples are used in these Dilla songs?

Big City, Payday & Expensive Whip. These are off the Jay Stay Paid album. I know all the other samples and i want to do a mix will all the original samples. I guess its possible some of these arent actual samples but figured I'd ask.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    CLEAN&JERK; said:
    Anyone know what samples are used in these Dilla songs?

Big City, Payday & Expensive Whip. These are off the Jay Stay Paid album. I know all the other samples and i want to do a mix will all the original samples. I guess its possible some of these arent actual samples but figured I'd ask.

Great first post.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    walter_chron said:

X300000

• what an idiot....oh wait that was me.

• CLEAN&JERK; said:

i want to do a mix will all the original samples.

Don't do it

• already did it and will be posting it all week on the forum under different titles like RARE MONGOLIAN PRIVATE PRESS LIBRARY RECORD.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    CLEAN&JERK; said:
    already did it and will be posting it all week on the forum under different titles like RARE MONGOLIAN PRIVATE PRESS LIBRARY RECORD.

:holygrail:

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    CLEAN&JERK; said:
    already did it and will be posting it all week on the forum under different titles like RARE MONGOLIAN PRIVATE PRESS LIBRARY RECORD.

Well played Sir.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    CLEAN&JERK; said:

BEST. SAVE. EVER.

• he often sampled a really obscure label called CITI Records but they are ungoogleable so its not easy to find the track titles

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    highscheme said:
    he often sampled a really obscure label called CITI Records but they are ungoogleable so its not easy to find the track titles

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I like this guy.

• CLEAN&JERK; said:

Haha! Seriously, I'll def check your mix when you post it up!

• highscheme said:
    he often sampled a really obscure label called CITI Records but they are ungoogleable so its not easy to find the track titles

never heard of CITI Records. Are they owned by CITI bank?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dilla sure did make that ONE Dionne Warwick record hard to find.

b/w

My mother had about a dozen Dionne Warwick 8-tracks when I was a kid, to go along with her Carpenters and the Lettermen. Without having any way to check now, I wonder if she had THAT Dionne Warwick 8-track.

• It's kind of a producer's dream come true to take a common record and turn it into a sought after raer cuz you flipped it to make a dope beat. It's like THAT McCoy Tyner record, or THAT Al Hirt record. How many beats are coming out these days that escalate chud to new heights of greatness.

• Cause of Dilla i bought 2 classical records and the caddyshack soundtrack for a kenny loggins song. On another note, does anyone have the Touch LP with the track seventy-five (another dilla sample)?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

My mother had about a dozen Dionne Warwick 8-tracks when I was a kid, to go along with her Carpenters and the Lettermen. Without having any way to check now, I wonder if she had THAT Dionne Warwick 8-track.
    My crystal ball says no. Holland-Dozier-Holland would harsh the Carpenters-style mellow cultivated by earlier Warwicke-Bacharach jams.