PS3 alone in the past 2 months:

FIFA, Madden, NHL, etc. 12
    Batman Arkham City
    Uncharted 3
    Battlefield/COD
    Resistance 3
    Limbo on PSN
    Etc.......

I even picked up that Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition that came out a few weeks back as I didn't somehow get it on the first go-around.... Now I just need the time to play them all!!!

• snosno 332 Posts
    Saints Row the Thrid. A breath of silly fun after all the doom and gloom of BF3 and MW3.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    3RD_Man said:
    just a bit gutted that BF3 will go unloved.

BF3 has been getting much love round here... Add me to yer list and let's squad up dude... Handle is HankQuinlan.

Excellent my man, you will be added tonight. Still adoring BF3 online and finally feeling that I am getting good enough to switch up classes so on one map I can be terrorising choke points while reviving all and sundry and the next map I can reconning and holding back covering my team. So much choice and really appreciating the variety in play so when my old eyes get tired of shoot outs I can just hop in a tank and blow shit up. Also, C4ing a tank is one of the most satisfying online game experiences I've had in a long time.

Ironically a lot of my friends who preordered MW3 are already talking about trading it in for BF3 - I've tried not to oversell it but having seen the horrible lag infested online experience and shitty map design I can't help but feel they'd be making the right choice.

• I don't like Battlefield.

It doesn't have the fast pace that I enjoy in shooters.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    CherChezLaPLAN said:
    I don't like Battlefield.

Agreed.

I'm not mad at this new MW, a couple of the maps are a bit like bad Counterstrike levels though.

• CherChezLaPLAN said:

based on the map layouts and poor contrast between player and environment, the fast paced style of play that i employed and loved has been replaced with snipe camping or rolling (crawling) 6 deep as a team.

i pacified my fury last night and didn't return it..... YET. uncharted 3 is looking hella tempting though. or with all these strutters repping BF, that may be a nice change.

It's definitely a matter of preference but, having played MW, MW2 and Blops to death I'm not adverse to twitch based shooters. What's put me off the new one is that there doesn't really seem to be any viable alternative to this style of play and as someone whose reactions and concentration seem to be slowing down game by game I don't like the idea that there's no longer the option to craftily flank the opponents rather than it all being down to first on the trigger when you round a corner or just getting bullied by a team (admittedly something I always enjoyed when I was doing it).

Also, my broadband speed is still woefully slow and I really don't fancy the rage and destruction that constantly getting killed by people on a faster connection would do to me . Considering that Activision still haven't introduced online passes I'll no doubt rent it to try sometime soon though.

vintageinfants said:
    with all these strutters repping BF, that may be a nice change.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm holding off on buying COD as it gives my sister something to buy me for xmas. & most games I can live with waiting for, for a month or so, then you can get them for half the price pre-owned. And I'm saving my pennies for 3d MarioWorld which is finally about to get released.

This can't be too far from being released either.

I'm a bit torn on that GTA V trailer. It looks good sure and I undeniably want to play it Right. Now. but a bit disappointed that there doesn't really seem anything new in there - familiar setting, familiar plot (at least from the loose hints dropped in the trailer), looks like a GTA game basically.

If they showed a new Bully game they'd have me at hello.

Unless they've done something horribly wrong I'll still be buying it day one, especially if they've learnt their lessons and reinstated things like being able to buy up property, just a bit disappointed that it's not something more excitingly new. Hoping that's to come though or perhaps I just need to accept the fact that this generation has pushed it as far as it can go.

Still, got Arkham City, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, etc to play through first........

• vintageinfants said:
    CherChezLaPLAN said:

based on the map layouts and poor contrast between player and environment, the fast paced style of play that i employed and loved has been replaced with snipe camping or rolling (crawling) 6 deep as a team.

Have you tried the "Kill Confirmed" mode? I don't even own the game, but I read that this mode was designed to discourage snipe camping by forcing players to grab a set of dog tags from anyone they kill before the kill is actually registered. And the opposing team can prevent the kill from being registered by grabbing the dog tags first. Sounds like an interesting way to shake things up.

• Duderonomy said:
    Heard too much about XBoxes crashing (my dad is a serious gamer and went through 3 of them in about 2 years).

As posted above, that was the first run of Xboxes, the new ones have been redesigned so there is little to no crashing nowadays. I think they even shut off automatically if they overheat.

It all depends on what platform the majority of the people you'll be playing with have. Xbox generally has the better overall online experience, but you have to pay for it. It's not that bad though - you can find deals for $40 per year on the regular. But you get a lot of stability and functionality with that fee that you don't get on PSN. (i.e. Xbox hasn't had a system-wide hack where hundreds of thousands of credit cards were compromised).

If you do go with Playstation, be prepared to purchase a bluetooth headset if you want to talk with your friends - Sony doesn't ship their consoles with a headset.

• double post.