Soul Strut Trade Burns

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
I've had many, many successful trades over the past few years that I've been posting here. I had done a trade March 2011 with a Strutter that I thought was on the up & up. I shipped the 2 records that I was trading and pretty much got burned and never received a package in return. I've tried numerous times to contact this dude but never heard back. Has anyone else on here gone through a similar situation with anyone on this board? I know I can't be the only one to have taken a loss on here. Share your story.

Comments

• NAME NAMES

b/w

Never traded with anyone here.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    NAME NAMES

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    Horseleech said:
    NAME NAMES

fejmelba

• http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/67436/

seems some of these peeps know him, and should be able to hookup some communique!

hope you can get some answers before his birthday in 4 days!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Jef is good peoples. A solid guy.

Breez - I will get in touch with him and ask him to contact you.

Stay tuned.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    WTF? Fej is a good dude. Always come thru by me... by the way, a fellow Strutter burned me on a copy of Billy Brooks, never ever brought it up. You know who you are, and you got clout here, but I ain't gunna name your name. Fuck you.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    ]

Otherwise, fejmelba is toast.

I see what you did there.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    A trade burn stays with you. My only two burns include a possible stolen-in-the-post which may not have been a burn at all, and one with a guy here in the UK. He gave me the name of a Thai record to look for, I scored a few copies and told him I'd be down for a trade. We were supposed to meet at a few socials, but he kept missing them, so I sent the record to him in good faith that next time he'd bring some records along. After I'd sent him his record, emails went unanswered, and after sending out two or three you begin to feel like an arse, so I let it go. But it still bugs me. Not enough to go looking for the guy and call him out in public about it, but enough that I haven't forgotten. Live and learn.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    djsheep said:
    WTF? Fej is a good dude. Always come thru by me... by the way, a fellow Strutter burned me on a copy of Billy Brooks, never ever brought it up. You know who you are, and you got clout here, but I ain't gunna name your name. Fuck you.

Didn't some A**hole burn you on a copy of Roy Ayers "He's Coming" on here?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Name the names damn it! Out these shystie turd burglars.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Okem said:
    Name the names damn it! Out these shystie turd burglars.

The first I'm not getting into as it may have been a postage thing.

The second was The Impossibles Hot Pepper LP about ten years ago when it was a few hundred quid record, and no, it wasn't a strutter.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I've never been burned in a trade by anyone on here, but some of you dudes are straight up grueling to deal with.

:dodododo:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I got burned by a strutter that said he had a secret squirrel gospel record that was posted here by another strutter. The guy ended up sending me a budget UK LP in exchange for some pretty nice LP's (sealed Stovall Sisters, etc.) I got pissed about it, never spoke with the guy again. He still posts on here frequently

On a happier note another strutter sent me a copy of the secret squirrel LP for free out of the kindness of their heart. (Thanks Herm)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I do "blind" trades with a few strutters and have never been burned or unhappy.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Jef is good peoples. A solid guy.

Breez - I will get in touch with him and ask him to contact you.

Stay tuned.

I appreciate it. I'm not necessarily mad about the whole thing. It could have been a number of reasons I didn't receive the package. It's just that dude never replied to any of my messages after I told him his package was shipped.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    for the record I've traded with Breez and it went fantastic, good dude

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    musica said:
    I've never been burned in a trade by anyone on here, but some of you dudes are straight up grueling to deal with.

:dodododo:

Look, dude, I specifically said I wanted the record delivered to me on a silver platter by a butler wearing a black suit -- with tails -- and white gloves, and that the butler had to be at least 70 years old. What, you thought I wouldn't notice that dude was only 68? C'mon, son!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Guzzo said:

On a happier note another strutter sent me a copy of the secret squirrel LP for free out of the kindness of their heart. (Thanks Herm)

Ohh you forgot about that Leon Ware that I sent you!... thats Cool!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Raystar said:
    Guzzo said:

Ohh you forgot about that Leon Ware that I sent you!... thats Cool!

Whoa Raystar, blast from the past!

and yes you are dude, recorded a track off that for my freakout "Anthony Pearson you must hear this schitt" mixtapes